Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Tractor
    Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920

Default Re: Just purchased a farm

I just read the whole thread as I was going to give you some advice on you tractor decision....... I changed my mind. What I was going to tell you has already been mentioned, several times.
    Instead, I would first like to tell you that your mindset, to me, is inspirational.
    I'm confident that with your attitude, intellect, and the help from all these qualified advisors, you will be sucessful, might not get rich, but you'll be happy, I'm sure of it.
    I look forward to years of good posts and helpful information regarding your endeavors.
    Good luck and...
    Welcome to TBN!

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Default Re: Just purchased a farm

[QUOTE=tngamecockfan;2814110]Been a member here for some time but never posted before. I have always wanted to live and work on a farm. Well, at 59/12 I just purchased a 109 acre farm in Rutherford County, TN at an absolute auction.

This property includes a small chicken coop/house, work shop with huge chain lift, and 2 metal barns. It also has some pastures, 4 ponds, woods, and had some cattle which also sold at the auction.

The roads through the property are in bad shape with a lot of rock areas. I will need to fill in some of these low areas with rock and fill over with some kind of material (clay, soil, crush-n-run, river rock). I will also need to probably dig up some of the rocks in the fields. So having said this it's evident to me I will need a tractor with a front end loader.

Congrats on your new farm, Rutherford county is a beautiful area.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345