What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor?

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #141  
Re: What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on YOUR Tractor?

Today I cleaned out some bushes around the house. I put the teeth on my bucket and it took maybe 45 seconds to actually rip out a dozen bushes. :D

Had my little helper riding shotgun in the buddy seat, while wife was making sure I didn't hit the house! My wife was actually the one that made me do it and we are going to build a little play pen in this area.

5085Mingarden.jpg

I probably compressed the grass a wee bit right where I was working...

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #142  

what's YOUR #1 most fun thing to do on your tractor?

Tell us!

Everything I do with my tractor (many diverse tasks) is work...the tractor just makes the work easier...I would rather be playing golf etc..etc. than working....

What I do enjoy most though is making improvements to the tractor or my attachments...anything that makes the work easier or faster...

I do like to just look at it and know I have it and what it can do....and how much easier it has made my life

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #143  

Haven't done it in about 50+ years but moldboard plowing ranks right up there. The shiny moldboards, the smell of the newly turned earth, the cackle of the tractor, plowing under a rattlesnake etc.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #144  

today I enjoyed a "nearly beer" while mowing with my "nearly tractor" , it was a welcomed break on a hot day.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #145  

Today I enjoyed ripping up a bunch of sweet gum saplings with my B26 TLB. Now for the not so enjoyable part of clean up and stacking all those trees into a pile. Most will have to be cut in sections with a chainsaw in order to move them to the pile. If I only had a grapple on my FEL it would make quick work.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #146  

Well clean up went pretty well. I used the LS P7010 to push all those downed trees into the burn pile and then level out the holes where I dug up the saplings which all went pretty well. There was a bunch of small rotting stuff that had to be picked up by hand but the large bucket on the FEL meant I could load a lot into it without having to go dump often like with the B26. I still have some more uprooting to do but it can wait till its a bit cooler. It was nice in the cab of the LS today with the AC going but sure was hot when I had to get out and pick up the small stuff by hand

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #147  
Gary Fowler said:
Today I enjoyed ripping up a bunch of sweet gum saplings with my B26 TLB. Now for the not so enjoyable part of clean up and stacking all those trees into a pile. Most will have to be cut in sections with a chainsaw in order to move them to the pile. If I only had a grapple on my FEL it would make quick work.

Around here we call sweet gums weeds:). I do love to see them come up by the roots and stacked on burn pile.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #148  

Snooping through the backwoods, picking my own course, at 3 MPH on a nice day using the gps for navigation.
Completing mowing a 65 acre field with a 6' bush hog. Imagine how many circles I made!

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #149  

Well, I sold my Yanmar so now the closest thing I have to a tractor is my 61 hp Deere skid steer. Most everything I have done with the skid steer is fun, probably the most fun i had on it lately was on a brush clearing job, my 317 made short work of everything, moving massive stumps that were already removed years ago and left in the brush, uprooting small trees, and finally leveling out the ground. If you have never operated a skid steer loader, they are one of the most fun machines you can operate. :thumbsup: :D

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #150  

You guys are right, I do need a grapple! Now I must convince my wife of that!

If you get/make one of these, you wouldn't even have to have the conversation. Never got off the tractor for any of this.

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 463
  • IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 465
  • IMG_1149.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 403