What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor?

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #151  
Re: What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on YOUR Tractor?

Today I cleaned out some bushes around the house. I put the teeth on my bucket and it took maybe 45 seconds to actually rip out a dozen bushes. :D

Had my little helper riding shotgun in the buddy seat, while wife was making sure I didn't hit the house! My wife was actually the one that made me do it and we are going to build a little play pen in this area.

5085Mingarden.jpg

I probably compressed the grass a wee bit right where I was working...

Love this picture P. How much do you have to pay that little tire inspector? I'm thinkin her gasoline overhead must be low so I hope not too much.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #152  

Snooping through the backwoods, picking my own course, at 3 MPH on a nice day using the gps for navigation.
Completing mowing a 65 acre field with a 6' bush hog. Imagine how many circles I made!

Back in 97/98 I did an 86 acre field 3 times with an 8N and a 5 ft KK brushhog...did it one time 2 weeks after hernia surgery. Iknow, Im nuts.....

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #153  

If you get/make one of these, you wouldn't even have to have the conversation. Never got off the tractor for any of this.

That is a great attachment! :thumbsup:

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #154  

If you get/make one of these, you wouldn't even have to have the conversation. Never got off the tractor for any of this.

Hmmm. The first shot shows an empty seat... :laughing:

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #155  

Hmmm. The first shot shows an empty seat... :laughing:

No…my wife took the picture. I just have my specially developed camo on.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #156  

Back in 97/98 I did an 86 acre field 3 times with an 8N and a 5 ft KK brushhog...did it one time 2 weeks after hernia surgery. Iknow, Im nuts.....

That's impressive. Over 140 miles each time. My back complains if I'm on a tractor for 2 hours.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #157  

Like Oleman, my favorite tractor time is snooping through the backwoods, mowing my trails, and reclaiming overgrown areas using my bush hog. Put on the radio earmuffs, tune in a good football game, and I'm gone!

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #158  

Like Oleman, my favorite tractor time is snooping through the backwoods, mowing my trails, and reclaiming overgrown areas using my bush hog. Put on the radio earmuffs, tune in a good football game, and I'm gone!

Creekpaddler,
I've never considered those radio earmuffs before, I don't care for music much, but you just opened up my world to radio earmuffs! I NEVER even thought of listening to the game. Your a genious! (Or maybe I'm just an idiot :laughing:)

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #159  

Got the am/fm radio and CD player in my Cab LS P7010 and I think I used it twice in 2 years. I prefer to listen to the equipment and listen for strange noises that might indicate a problem. With the radio on, it will mask a noise that I should hear.
As for enjoyable things to do, just about anything on my tractors is fun albeit tiring also but I can go to sleep after a hard day on the tractor and rest good.
I just spend part of 2 days discing in some rye grass seed and pulling a homemade drag over it to level it out. I made the drag from a combine throat chain which is 52" wide by 12 feet long and put an old pipe gate on top for weight. It really levels the soil, but since it is just a bit over 4 feet wide and my disc is 8 foot, I have to go over the disced area twice with the drag which equals more seat time.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #160  

Got the am/fm radio and CD player in my Cab LS P7010 and I think I used it twice in 2 years. I prefer to listen to the equipment and listen for strange noises that might indicate a problem. With the radio on, it will mask a noise that I should hear.
As for enjoyable things to do, just about anything on my tractors is fun albeit tiring also but I can go to sleep after a hard day on the tractor and rest good.
I just spend part of 2 days discing in some rye grass seed and pulling a homemade drag over it to level it out. I made the drag from a combine throat chain which is 52" wide by 12 feet long and put an old pipe gate on top for weight. It really levels the soil, but since it is just a bit over 4 feet wide and my disc is 8 foot, I have to go over the disced area twice with the drag which equals more seat time.