What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor?

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #171  
Re: What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on YOUR Tractor?

I believe its called the iPod Shuffle, real cheap. You can get one for about $35 on Ebay. That little ipod holds an unbelievable amount of music. Here's my setup.

IMG_1014.jpgIMG_1015.jpg

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #172  

Thanks Carl, I think I might copy that idea.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #173  
I use the same setup except my headphones aren't so nice but instead of music I just put a few podcasts I want to hear on the shuffle.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #174  

I would like to see more detail on that boom pole set up. What anchors the lower end to the bucket? Looks like a slick setup.
Smilinjak

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #175  

I use the same setup except my headphones aren't so nice but instead of music I just put a few podcasts I want to hear on the shuffle.

I'm not comfortable with ear plugs which eliminate all sound. You can't hear if something is going wrong. The beauty of these headphones is that it eliminates the noises that can harm your hearing, but still lets you hear, for example, if a person is yelling at you to stop. You can also hear the engine running in a very muffled tone, and would know if something was wrong. Hard to explain exactly, but once you try them, you will never go back to ear plugs or headsets that eliminate all sound.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #176  

I'm not comfortable with ear plugs which eliminate all sound. You can't hear if something is going wrong. The beauty of these headphones is that it eliminates the noises that can harm your hearing, but still lets you hear, for example, if a person is yelling at you to stop. You can also hear the engine running in a very muffled tone, and would know if something was wrong. Hard to explain exactly, but once you try them, you will never go back to ear plugs or headsets that eliminate all sound.

This is one of the many reasons that I love my heated and cooled cab (it also has a stereo system but I rarely turn it on) Noise is reduced to a level that doesnt require hearing protection but I can still hear noises that might indicate a problem.
Folks that run around with earbuds blasting in their ears for 18 hours a day are doing more damage to their hearing than any loud noise from an engine. I am afraid that we are going to have a generation of deaf people when todays youngsters grow up.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #177  

This is one of the many reasons that I love my heated and cooled cab (it also has a stereo system but I rarely turn it on) Noise is reduced to a level that doesnt require hearing protection but I can still hear noises that might indicate a problem.
Folks that run around with earbuds blasting in their ears for 18 hours a day are doing more damage to their hearing than any loud noise from an engine. I am afraid that we are going to have a generation of deaf people when todays youngsters grow up.

I couldn't agree more. A cab is definitely the best of both worlds, but for those without one, ear protection should always be used. True, if you are going to use ear protection with music blasting through them, you are defeating the whole purpose of the ear protection.

Funny, I bought this headset specifically for when I had my Curtis cab installed on my GX345. The engine noise level inside that cab was unbearable. I can only imagine the dealer installed cabs are much better insulated between the motor and the cab.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #178  

I would like to see more detail on that boom pole set up. What anchors the lower end to the bucket? Looks like a slick setup.
Smilinjak

11-8-10 052.jpg11-8-10 043.jpg11-8-10 048.jpg

Sorry. Didnt mean to reply in this thread, I havnt figured out how to send a direct response.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #179  
   / What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #180  

I enjoy taking my homebuilt for a drive on gravel roads with my wife on nice summer evenings. The best.

20110828_004 copy_web | Flickr - Berbagi Foto!

Love getting into my 5040 with cab and firing it up and then punching the garage door opener and driving it out. Makes me feel like the wealthiest man in the county, which I am not.

Really enjoyed driving my little L300ODT around town in my shirt sleeves after heavy snows once I got my homebuilt cab with heat done.

20101128_008 copy_web | Flickr - Berbagi Foto!