What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor?

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #271  
Re: What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on YOUR Tractor?

Removed the front loader and finish mower today so I could back in and install the snow blower. Now is the time to give it some paint and grease. Hoping it wont be needed much this winter...

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #272  

Removed the front loader and finish mower today so I could back in and install the snow blower. Now is the time to give it some paint and grease. Hoping it wont be needed much this winter...

You are done with mowing for the season already? Wish I could say that and not have to face the cold winters you have in New England. I will be cutting grass until at least Thanksgiving, then I service it and mount my snow blower.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #273  

What exactly is this "snow" stuff of which you speak?

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #274  

Playing Football !!

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #275  

Howdy...
Fun is... In 1946 at 11 years old it was fun operating a Farmall 'H' and being treated like an adult.
Today I take my # one Great Grandson riding and he steers the 'Big' (in his mind) John Deere all over the yard.

46Wadena.jpgAlex-Don.jpg

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #276  
DonaldS;

Your picture reminds me that my first tractor driving job was pulling baled hay into the barn starting when I was about 8. Back until trip rope was pulled then forward . Over and over and over all day long. After 2 years my little sister took over that job and I got promoted raking the hay prior to baling.

Thanks for sharing.

Rick

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #277  
Started mowing another field today and caught a glimpse this little guy? girl ? darn zoom is broken on my camera , may get a better shot tommorrow, the field is right next to an airport...

mowing Kim & Dons 011.JPG
mowing Kim & Dons 013.JPG

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #278  
DonaldS;

Your picture reminds me that my first tractor driving job was pulling baled hay into the barn starting when I was about 8. Back until trip rope was pulled then forward . Over and over and over all day long. After 2 years my little sister took over that job and I got promoted raking the hay prior to baling.

Thanks for sharing.

Rick
That was also my first tractor driving job but we pulled slings of loose hay in the barn. And you had to make sure you did not drive on the rope. My Dad would be asked to splice area farmers hay mow ropes, learning the skill in the Navy during World War ll. At that time there were many family farms and quite a few still put loose hay and bales in the hay mow. Thanks for the memories.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #279  
That was also my first tractor driving job but we pulled slings of loose hay in the barn. And you had to make sure you did not drive on the rope. My Dad would be asked to splice area farmers hay mow ropes, learning the skill in the Navy during World War ll. At that time there were many family farms and quite a few still put loose hay and bales in the hay mow. Thanks for the memories.

Miss those days. Started out stacking hay on wagons about age 10, was running the trip rope by 12, drove the rope tractor about 13, was racking about that same time. By about 15 was the one on the wagon sticking the fork.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #280  

I never ran over the rope because the big grown son of the Farmer would ride the sling back down the to rack as I drove the Farmall back in forward. I believe the Farmall was built in 1940 or 41. The hay was already in rows in the field when I got there. The rack went between the rows with two of us on each side pitch-forking the hay up. After that hot work I enjoyed the hayride back to the barn. That might be why 践ay Rides became popular in town.
Wadena2a.jpg
Have a good one.. Don S..