What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor?

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #31  
   / What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #32  
   / What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #33  
Re: What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on YOUR Tractor?

Yeah, bit different, sorry, plus about 50+hp difference.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #34  

whatever job ends up with a better look when done.. grading the driveway, mowing, brush removal; its the looking back at it and saying "That would have taken me weeks without a tractor"

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #35  

Yeah, bit different, sorry, plus about 50+hp difference.

I know what you mean but when it comes to artics they all share a same basic shape ..i have i fondness for the IH's'MF'Steigers too as long as there aint a **** V8 in there and there must be no trace of green paint anywhere ..:)

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #36  
Doing my property clean up is the most fun I've had with mine so far.

Funny how getting older changes your definition of fun, when I was younger and had no "fear" (read "brains") I worked on a farm growing cut flowers. I'm NOT proud of this and would NOT recommend this to anyone.
There was a day when the boss was away & lunchtime rolled around. I was working with another guy at the back of the farm so we decided to drive (race) back to the shed for lunch. We had a tractor each, mine was an old IH of unknown model and his was a newer ford also of unknown model. We set off on different tracks at speed, when I came up to a cross track that had a big height difference to the one I was on I neglected to back off, stupid I know but my brain wasn't fully grown yet. Let's just say I got that IH off the ground and covered quite a bit of distance by the time I landed!! The landing was quite smooth too, I'm so glad camera phones hadn't been invented yet cause I might have gone back and done it again and probably got a darwin award. Makes me shudder when I think about what could have happened and as I said earlier I'm not proud of this at all, but that was probably the most exciting thing I've ever done on a tractor.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #37  

Drilling is one of my favourites . First day of the season today, Cold ,dry and dusty ....got 120 acres of wheat in the ground .

I think the most interesting time was harvest. Take the tractor out and hook onto a wagon full of wheat, beans, or corn. Feel how heavy that thing is? That's gold back there!

When I was a kid, there were 2 special times of the year. My mom's cousin would come over with his Fox Super E chopper and put up alfalfa in the silo. That thing ran a huge 4 cylinder Detroit diesel. He'd pull 3 covered forage boxes behind it and you could here him coming for 2 miles. I would ride my bike to the top of the hill and see the parade coming. It was glorious!

The other time was in the fall. There were 5 neighborhood farms and they all went together to buy a corn chopper. The farm owner would pull the chopper and determine what corn was going to be used. After the field was open, 3 other guys would pull wagons along side the chopper to fill the loads, using the foot throttle to adjust the position. When the wagon was full, the next guy was right behind and after a 20 second pause in the action, away you'd go again. The loads sometimes went into the silo, but a lot of the time, we piled them on the ground. The pile would get deeper and deeper. One guy drove an M with a blade on it back and forth to spread it out and pack it down. The pile would end up being just large enough that a 100x50 foot plastic tarp would cover it, so probably 90 feet long, 35 feet wide and 6-7 feet deep. Sometimes you'd drive in and get stuck and have to unload right there. Didn't matter. Ralph would push it around and the next load would come in and go right on through. Or they'd get another tractor ready to chain up front.

Being a kid, I raced off the bus and got to ride with one of them to the field and into the pile several times before the end of the day.

The last of them died last fall. Those were amazing times; gosh, I miss them.

/ What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #38  
   / What's the MOST FUN Thing to Do on Your Tractor? #40  

Digging a hole with my backhoe and filling it in with my FEL