Name this part

/ Name this part #1  

Moosetrax

Tractor
Kioti CK27
Hi Guys,

Below are a couple of pictures of the stuff that came in a bag when I got my new CK27 about two weeks ago.

This might be a stupid question, but, what is the black piece that was in with the manuals. It appears to be a cover and is threaded. It looks similar to the tool kit cover that comes on many different ATV's. I can't find the other piece that it screws to anywhere :(

Can anyone offer the answer?

Also is this what the rest have received with their new kioti tractor?

Thanks,
Rob

photo 1 (1).jpg

photo 2 (1).JPG

/ Name this part #2  
The black part looks like a cover to protect the PTO shaft. the other on is some type of pin but I do not know for where.
Bill

/ Name this part
The black part looks like a cover to protect the PTO shaft. the other on is some type of pin but I do not know for where.
Bill

Thanks! I am sure your right. It would make sense that this is loose in the bag then because my tractor came with a tiller on it.

The pin is just and extra I am assuming.

Thanks again.

/ Name this part #4  
Agree on the PTO cover.

The pin appears to be a spare toplink pin.

It looks kinda small at first in the pic, but when comparing it to the PTO cover......

Is it 3/4" diameter??

/ Name this part #5  
that threaded cap almost looks to me like
the top to a tube that some manufacturers are
mounting to equipment to hold the op manuals.

i have seem then on the JD and Frontier stuff,
small tubes that the top unscrews off, almost
like a thermos!

lots of jokes about it being just that, a thermos.

/ Name this part #6  
Agree on the PTO cover.

The pin appears to be a spare toplink pin.

It looks kinda small at first in the pic, but when comparing it to the PTO cover......

Is it 3/4" diameter??

Right on both answers.
I suggest that Moosetrax locates and purchases a threaded metal PTO cover which offers far more protection. I got the same cheesy plastic cover when I bought the NH TC40 in 2002. You would think that when investing that much money, why do the manufactures pull the plastic PTO cover skimp? Anyone in the market for a new tractor-negotiate into the deal a metal PTO cover!

/ Name this part #7  
Right on both answers.
I suggest that Moosetrax locates and purchases a threaded metal PTO cover which offers far more protection. I got the same cheesy plastic cover when I bought the NH TC40 in 2002. You would think that when investing that much money, why do the manufactures pull the plastic PTO cover skimp? Anyone in the market for a new tractor-negotiate into the deal a metal PTO cover!

I dont even use a PTO cover. I really dont see the point with modern tractors.

a LONG time ago, some tractors had PTO driven hydraulic pumps. (think 8n). those had to have the PTO running just to lift an implement. So trying to make fine adjustments while hooking up a blade could be dangerous. Thats where the covers were handy.

But for me (and I think most), the PTO is only turning when there is a PTO shaft attached. In which case the cover would be usless.

On second thought.....maybe it is designed to protect the SHAFT....not you from the shaft????? Maybe keep dirt and moisture off???

/ Name this part #8  

I've bought three tractors, all used, and none came with PTO covers, so you aren't the only one that doesn't use one.

/ Name this part #9  
That pin may have a use on one of the 3pt hitch arms. If switched with another part it may allow one arm to have a bit of range for implement to go up and down freely. I'm guessing at straws here but I have that option on a jd I have here.

/ Name this part #10  

a LONG time ago, some tractors had PTO driven hydraulic pumps. (think 8n). those had to have the PTO running just to lift an implement. So trying to make fine adjustments while hooking up a blade could be dangerous. Thats where the covers were handy.

But for me (and I think most), the PTO is only turning when there is a PTO shaft attached. In which case the cover would be usless.

On second thought.....maybe it is designed to protect the SHAFT....not you from the shaft????? Maybe keep dirt and moisture off???
It's difficult enough to scrunch down in there to attach the PTO shaft without having to deal with debris removal or hard grease mixed with dirt.