What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!?

/ What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #1  

PatasColo

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20S HST and Gravely walk-behind (2 wheel tractor - 700 lbs.).
I just got my Kioti CK20S HST TLB a couple weeks ago. Got my first chance to do some real work with the backhoe, and dug up some interesting critters: A nest of garter snakes. Three of them, each about 4 feet long. Unfortunately, one of them did not survive the experience :( , but the others went their merry way. :eek:

It was a bit eerie (like a movie) pulling up a bucket of dirt/rock and watching all the slithering going on there. :confused2: Biggest garter snakes I've ever seen. Wished we'd been able to get better pics.

So what interesting thing have you dug up? Pictures?
-Mitch

Attachments

• P1010054.JPG
    P1010054.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 371
  • P1010056.JPG
    P1010056.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 400
  • P1010057.JPG
    P1010057.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 387
  • P1010058.JPG
    P1010058.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
   / What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #2  
That's interesting. If that were me who dug up those snakes and my sister and mom were out there. They'd be screaming and running. :laughing:

I haven't dug up anything interesting with my home made excavator yet. But I did break my 3/4" pvc water line about a week ago. I was digging down trying to find it so I could hook a tee in and run a line to my mobile home and I was pulling on something. Thought it was a root.

Didn't think to get off and check to make sure. I pulled and pulled and then water starting spraying out.

I said. Well I guess it wasn't a root after all. I at least found the pipe. xd.

Oh well the pipe had to be cut anyway to put a tee in. So no harm done really.

Chad

/ What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #3  
About a week ago I dug up a couple of copperheads. Unfortunately they did survive.

/ What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #4  
I no longer own a BH, moved on to excavators. I have dug ponds does that count :laughing: I have found wheels an old doll carriage and other junk. I also found a nice size chunk of gold once threw it back into the hole(used for a pier on a cabin). Said if I ever move the cabin I'll just pull it back out, well that didn't happen :mad: :( Also found a crap load of fools gold.

/ What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #5  
Haven't dug up any interesting critters yet, but did manage to dig up my buried telephone line, which turned out to be about 2" below the surface for some reason. Thankfully I somehow managed to NOT break it!

/ What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #6  
An electric line...a live one to be exact...:mad:

/ What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #7  
An electric line...a live one to be exact...:mad:

That is why I mentioned not letting anyone get too close to a machine when digging, standing on the ground and leaning in to say something to you could be fatal for the man on the ground.

/ What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #8  
digging through some cement footings I think I found Jimmy Hoffa

/ What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #9  
Well, I was doing a little bit of exploratory scraping to attempt find my poo line coming out of the house. Turns out it was buried only about 4" down, and on the very first swipe (jusst scraping the grass away), I caught the edge of the cleanout fitting, and ripped the pipe out of the ground. Talk about a sh*tty experience.

JayC

/ What have you dug up with your Backhoe?!? #10  
That is why I mentioned not letting anyone get too close to a machine when digging, standing on the ground and leaning in to say something to you could be fatal for the man on the ground.

That is very true...Thankfully it was only a 120v line, but it still is scary...