Not a good week so far

/ Not a good week so far #1  

CTyler

Veteran Member
Tractor
L3130
Had a buddy of mine over the other day watching the big screen sipping beer, this is a good thing. He has the same 60" Proscan IDTV that I have. He was saying he had a couple problems with the high voltage board blowing. The very next day I was out cutting logs on the farm and beat myself to death doing it, come home to relax in front of the tube...BAM...POP...no more TV.

Last weekend I put up a bunch of mud fence to slow things down to help with washouts etc... on the hill coming down by the drive. Was out on the tractor and had lite rain starting. The lighting was starting to get close so I head to the shop. Right then the wind came up like for Moses to part the sea. This is followed by torrential rain with in seconds...Holy Cow!! I'm only 30 seconds away from the shop and I'm drenched and it feels like rocks are being thrown at me.

Ok, I'm makin a bee line for the shop, pull in and Bang CRASH.... the ROPS caught the overhead door. Well the forwad jerk made me hit the fricking HST pedal harder. This is followed by another crash and the garage door falls on my head! At least only half the door smacked me. The other half was laying on top of the ROPS. I had the small door open and evidently the wind must have pulled it down just enough to catch the ROPS.

I usually take some soda pop and one beer with me out to the farm. Well after feeling sorry for myself and getting the door off of me I grab the beer. Pisstok....ahhh....the worst is over I'm goin home. Walk out the door and slip and fall in the mud....(*&!@#......Oh...!@#$% there goes the beer!! So now I'm hurt(in more ways than one), cold, soaked, muddy and now no beer.

Ok....so I go to leave and get stuck in the mud with the 4wd....deep breath heavy sigh at this point. Well about 10 min or so of messing around I got up to the gravel drive. Could it get any better? Oh yea...nice rivers of water are rushing through the mud fence snapping all the 2x2 boards like toothpicks.

Yesterday me and the misses go out to hang whats left of the door just to close up the hole. Putting up the top panel and I ask the wife for the drill to put the hinge on. No..no...I'll hold it says the wife. I pick up the drill turn around hear a mild ahhhhh and smack, once again I'm wacked in the head! Is this door is cursed or what!!

I'm staying home tonight.

/ Not a good week so far #2  
CTyler:

God, what a day you were having...sometimes you just gotta say "god it sucks to be me" .... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whiskey

/ Not a good week so far #3  
I guess when it rains, it pours /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

No pun intended of course.

/ Not a good week so far #4  
I think your a very lucky guy, things could have been allot worse. The house could
have burned down when the TV shorted out, you could have been struck by lightening,
the door falling on you head could of killed ya an the fall outside could have broke
you leg, neck or back...

And to add insult to injury, the ambulance driver finding you sprawled out in the yard
with a beer in your hand, would have probably by passed the hospital an taken you
straight to the drunk tank...

Glad to hear there's no permanent injury to yourself...

/ Not a good week so far #5  
Hey, look at it this way... You only lost one beer, it could've been a whole case /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Good to hear nothing truly serious happened /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Not a good week so far #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( things could have been allot worse )</font>

As a fellow once said, "I was told to cheer up; things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse." /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Not a good week so far #7  
And someone said, "tomorrow could be worse". I hope not.

murph

/ Not a good week so far #8  
Glad you're OK. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Knowing that, I had a great laugh. Thanks.

/ Not a good week so far #9  
<font color="blue"> "I was told to cheer up; things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse." </font>

LOL! That cracked me up.

Sorry to hear about the bad week, though, and I hope things get better. You might start looking in to getting a "non-cursed" garage door, though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... But if you don't, keep your beer a way from it! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Not a good week so far #10  
Think of it this way.. once you use up all of your bad luck.. all you'll have left is good luck. Sorry for such a bad day. I was wondering if you and your neighbor have a problem w/ dirty electricity.. electronics hate dips & spikes.. and is the leading cause of component failure.. if you get your TV fixed.. buy a small UPS unit.. not too costly.. to plug all your entertainment equipment in. And maybe wear a hard hat.. the next time the wife wants to help! Ouch!