30 gallon Fuel Caddy - Change fuel - Cleanout?

/ 30 gallon Fuel Caddy - Change fuel - Cleanout? #1  

beltfed

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I just picked up a 30 gallon fuel caddy off of Craigs list. It was used with gasoline and I want to use it to fuel up my Bobcat. I have drained out all of the gas and have the bottom drain hole open along with the refill opening. I plan on leaving them open a day to 'dry' out the insides.

Do I need to do anything else to 'clean it out' before I pour in Diesel and use it to fuel up my tractor?

/ 30 gallon Fuel Caddy - Change fuel - Cleanout? #2  
IMHO, it looks good to me, the way you have done it..Ymight give it a lite rinse and shake with a little diesel and dump it in a jar for a look see?

/ 30 gallon Fuel Caddy - Change fuel - Cleanout? #3  
Every so often there will be a news story about the state police going to ski areas and ticketing bus drivers because they are adding gas to their diesel because they bought fuel down "south" without anti-gel and now it's gelled up. My point is that a little gas is not going to hurt anything, if you let it evaporate then you'll be fine. The only thing I would look for is any dirt or debris inside the tank and remove it.

/ 30 gallon Fuel Caddy - Change fuel - Cleanout? #4  
I agree with crazyal, make sure you get any trash or sediment out. A little gas isn't going to hurt anything.