how to search on TBN??

/ how to search on TBN?? #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
Dumb question, but is searching for a particular phrase or group of words, how do you keep the search engine from splitting them? For instance, I did a search for "cover chains" and it shows "cover" and "chains" but that is not the result I need. I remember reading there is a way to make sure the phrase stays together in a search. Thanks.

/ how to search on TBN?? #2  
In most search engines, putting that combo in quotes would do it.

There was a tip this past week about using Google to search a specific website, like TractorByNet, which they thought worked well. Don't have the format in front of me, but it used a : and the web address... try searching for searching... :)

/ how to search on TBN?? #3  
here is the posting-- <http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2819844#post2819844>

/ how to search on TBN?? #4  
In most search engines, putting that combo in quotes would do it.

There was a tip this past week about using Google to search a specific website, like TractorByNet, which they thought worked well. Don't have the format in front of me, but it used a : and the web address... try searching for searching... :)

Using google, type

"cover chains" :TractorByNet.com | Compact Tractors | John Deere, Kubota, New Holland

The quotes will mean the two words have to appear together. I haven't found a way you can do it using the native search function of this site, but maybe someone else knows how it can be done.

/ how to search on TBN?? #5  
   / how to search on TBN?? #6  
I found another format listed elsewhere which seems to work, and is more intuitive... put the site name first, like this:

site:tractorbynet.com, "cover chains"

It did only come up with tractorbynet listings...

Paul