Dirt Moving My new husqvarna Tiller

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #1  

altonorganics

Tractor
jogn deere 2040
Check out the video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cByUr_QJgfk]Husqvarna DRT900 Watch before you buy !!!! Garden Tiller JUNK - YouTube[/ame]

Made my first complaint to the BBB today. I bought a new Husqvarna garden tiller. The handle broke first day. In shop for 3 days only to be told its on back order. Had them weld it on. They welded it crooked. Started using it again, the belt was sticking behind the cover. Took it back to the shop. They said they put a shim in. They lied. They bent it and it misaligned with the other belts. I didn't know this until it shredded the belt. I asked for a refund, I'm done with this tiller. They said no. I called Husqvarna, they said no refund, want me to take it to another dealer 50 miles away. DO NOT BUY DRT900E garden tiller, Total Junk.

I promised if they did nothing I would tell the world. Thanks for looking.

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #2  
Very disappointing. I have 2 Husky chainsaws and a Husky string trimmer that have been great. Also have a Troybilt Horse tiller that was built in 1973 and is still going strong. Although they are pricey the quality is hard to beat.
Hope you get some safisfaction.

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #3  
Check out the video

Made my first complaint to the BBB today. I bought a new Husqvarna garden tiller. The handle broke first day. In shop for 3 days only to be told its on back order. Had them weld it on. They welded it crooked. Started using it again, the belt was sticking behind the cover. Took it back to the shop. They said they put a shim in. They lied. They bent it and it misaligned with the other belts. I didn't know this until it shredded the belt. I asked for a refund, I'm done with this tiller. They said no. I called Husqvarna, they said no refund, want me to take it to another dealer 50 miles away. DO NOT BUY DRT900E garden tiller, Total Junk.

I promised if they did nothing I would tell the world. Thanks for looking.

Welcome to TBN!

I would put most of the blame on the dealer, and I hate say this but just because you got one that has problems does not mean all of them do. It looks like you have a unit that should not have passed quality control.

Whoever put it together and worked on it does not know what they are doing.
One of the wheels is backwards, the belt is mounted wrong causing undue wear... see pics below. (proper belt placement shown in manual)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

It is under warranty, take it to another dealer and have it fixed properly. After all issues are attended to, it should work as advertised.

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #4  
I have the same tiller. After one tank of gas, carb began to leak gas. Thought float stuck. Took bowl off but not stuck. Short story, carb was bad, backordered after kit did not fix. Finally came in & is running fine. Disappointed to learn carb made in China. Probably whole dang thing made in China. Good luck!

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #5  
wow, that husky tiller looks nearly identical to the craftsman tiller I had. same design, weights, handle, cover, etc.The tranny in mine quit. I took motor out and gave it to my father for his 40 yr old ariens tiller and junked the rest. Seriously , I am done with todays tiller. they are made so poorly, its not funny. My father bought a brand new tiller and the tines keeps snapping on it. he gave it to me:rolleyes: .

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #6  
Altonorganics,

Welcome to TBN. It sounds like the dealer is doing his best to keep you appeased. They may not be the most knowledgeable guys, but to weld up your handle and get you back tilling is a nice touch. What was the comment in the video about: "they won't refund me because it's a used tiller". Does that mean you bought it from them used? Or, it is now "used" since you've had it from new?
I hate to say it but, in order to get no questions asked returns on merchandise, you have to buy from Walmart, SAMs, or Costco.

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #7  
Have to agree with Radioman that most of the new tillers today are not made for heavy use. After problems with some big name brands, I bought a cheap Huskee at TSC several years ago, figuring it could be no worse. It did last longer than the more expensive units, but the transmission is now stuck in till. (Shop said it can't be fixed.) You can use it, but only by manhandling it a lot. So now I'm moving to no-till raised bed gardening.

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #8  
Very disappointing. I have 2 Husky chainsaws and a Husky string trimmer that have been great.

those chainsaws were built in Sweden, not the china junk they build today. (FYI the entry level chainsaws are built in china, pro models still in Sweden)

for $700 buy a used Horse troy built off of CL. Garentee no problems with bent pulleys, and broken handle bars!

Troy6HPHorse.21180319.JPG

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #9  
I have their front tyne tiller. Have about 50+ hours and no issues. For five hours you have a lot of carbon out the exhaust. Exhaust is almost clean on mine. Thanks for posting though.

The work may be covered but unfortunately you have to incur travel time and money.
My dealer is about 20+ minutes away. When I bought mine I bought an extra case of oil
and got an extended warranty(2 years) thrown in.

Sorry for your trouble - I would be pissed too!

/ My new husqvarna Tiller #10  
I have a husqvarna drt900 and I'm having a bunch of problems on my tiller as well. First is I put a new belt in and it was shredded within two months in which I used it for like 20 hours. I use my machine a lot and my soil has lots of rocks. It started working fine when I got it brand new but I soon noticed that the pins broke really quickly. I have contacted husqvarna and they told me they don't cover the cost of pins because it is wear and tear and I have gone through at least 50. I also noticed that the gear shifter in mine gets jammed really badly at times and you have to manhandle it to change gears. Next thing I found out is that the wheels are not big enough and when I till over the same place I get bogged down really quickly. The next thing I found is that my handle's bolts weared the thread off. I then saw that when I had to change my oil is that it was really hard to change. I then noticed is that not only are the pins breaking in the tines but in the wheels. I then noticed that when you hit a small rock or stuff in the soil it starts to bend the metal surrounding the tines and the tines themselves. Other than all those problems the machine is great but I have to repair it constantly.