Help with reattaching FEL

/ Help with reattaching FEL #1  

CarltonInVa

Tractor
Hew Holland TC33D
I have owned a TC33D with 7308 FEL for about two months now. I decided to take the FEL off this weekend just for the experience. Now I'm trying to reattach it and am having a problem. I can't attach one of the hydrolic connectors. I was able to attach all of them except for one (the red one).

Also, just to be clear, when I was detaching the FEL, I did relieve the hydro pressure after turning off the tractor and before disconnecting the hydro connections. I did this by moving the joystick through all of it's positions.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Carlton

/ Help with reattaching FEL #2  
If you had the loader stored where the temperature increased while it was off the tractor, you may have a pressure build up in the system. There was a tread about it not too long ago, giving the correct procedure to bleed the offending fitting. I don't trust my memory to try to recall it to you, but you should be able to find it with a search.
Good Luck,

/ Help with reattaching FEL #3  
CarltonInVA,

This happens a lot to me especially if I put the loader on soft ground. I can bleed and bleed before disconecting the hoses and when I come back I have trouble. I am not sure if there is a proper way to relieve the pressure but what I do is put a rag over the hose that won't hook up and then I push it agains the frame of the loader. By depressing the little check valve at the end of the connector you will release the pressure and the rag will prevent it from spraying all over. Yes you will lose some hydraulic fluid and sometimes it is pretty tough when pushing against the end to get it to release.

There may be a simplier solution so if any one knows the right way I will be watching this post.

murph

/ Help with reattaching FEL
BubbaJr,

Come to think of it, It was Saturday when I took the loader off. It was cold and rainy that day. I tried to put it back on today when it was mid 70s (a good bit warmer).

Thanks for the tip. I'll try a search for the procedure to bleed the fitting.

Thanks,
Carlton

/ Help with reattaching FEL #5  
That's the easiest way I've found too Murph

/ Help with reattaching FEL #6  
Easier way, hmmm...If I have 3 out of 4 connected, and can't get the last on...I just wiggle the joy stick to relieve the pressure. (tractor off)

/ Help with reattaching FEL #7  
Make sure your engine is off. Wiggle joystick to relieve pressure before attempting connections.
Mark

/ Help with reattaching FEL #8  
That would be pretty easy too. But since I'm squatted down there and already got the hose in my hand, it's easier to push the end up against the frame. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Help with reattaching FEL #9  
<font color="blue"> There may be a simplier solution so if any one knows the right way I will be watching this post.
</font>

Don't know if it's simpler, but I use a wrench & loosten the fitting. Tapping the connector didn't work.

Best solution, when I take the FEL off, I leave it in the garage, instead of out in the sun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Help with reattaching FEL #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Easier way, hmmm...If I have 3 out of 4 connected, and can't get the last on...I just wiggle the joy stick to relieve the pressure. (tractor off) )</font>

BigDave,

That one has never worked for me. I believe there is still pressure going against the direction of the final hose. For some reason my bucket if on soft ground will start to raise the front end up. aThe front of the bucket will be 6" off the ground or so. So anytime it has been sitting for over a week I run into that trouble.