New Holland T5050 FIRE!!!

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!!! #1  

jqshaw01

Tractor
L3400
On Sunday after mowing a field for a few hours my T5050 4x4 Cab (08 Model) with less than 200 Hrs was parked in a machinery shed. About 10 minutes after parked there was an explosion and a fire ignited in the cab by the steering column. We were unable to contain the fire and it burnt down the shed and destroyed multiple other pieces of equipment.

Looking for any other examples that may give me some answers or guide me in the right direction on what could have caused this....or anyone that may be able to give me some advice or know of other examples to assist me to find out if there are other New Hollands that caught on fire without explanation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Email: jqsllc@yahoo.com

Last edited:
   / New Holland T5050 FIRE!!! #2  
Always keep an extinguisher with equipment.

That looks pretty severe. I guess all the plastic body panels fed the fire after it got going.
sounds like an electrical fire that found some fuel. were are the fuel lines?

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!!! #3  
Could have been mowing debrie got on something hot and ignited. Hope you are insured.

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!!! #4  
wow! that's scary that somthing like could happen...

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!!! #5  
That sucks :( I'm sorry you lost your equipment and barn but am glad no one was injured. I think there are power steering lines in that area that if there was a slight leak would have fed a fire if one started. I would have to believe it was a build up of grass and other dusts from mowing that either were ignited by a spark from something or from the exhaust system. Hopefully they can find the exact cause for you though and that you were insured.

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!!! #6  
Sorry to hear about your loss but glad no one was hurt. Times are hard enough as it is. jdbnh is the poster you should ask about the New Hollands as he is one of the resident experts on this brand.

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!!! #8  
I am currently looking at a problem in a t5050, where the rh side of the console heats up when running the air con.
With the covers of, the heat appears to centre on electric relays R9 & R10.
So far I cannot find any faults, wiring and connectors not burnt.
Where to from here?