push button p.t.o. engagement

/ push button p.t.o. engagement #1  

930ck

Silver Member
Tractor
allis d 17/ case 930, 1370/ kubota L5740
All my tractors have a clutch that engages the pto was curious when using a bushhog type mower if the push button engagement slowly starts the pto turning or is it more like the way an electric clutch on a riding lawn mower kicks in?

/ push button p.t.o. engagement #2  
All my tractors have a clutch that engages the pto was curious when using a bushhog type mower if the push button engagement slowly starts the pto turning or is it more like the way an electric clutch on a riding lawn mower kicks in?

It is fairly abrupt. I throttle down then engage the button. It is not a big bang and works well, but I could engage it slower with a clutch.

James K0UA

/ push button p.t.o. engagement #3  
According to the fellow that delivered my DK45 HST, it will gradually go up to speed. I'll let you know later today- I'm going to the barn to hook up the Bush Hog when I finish my coffee and TBN browsing in about 10 minutes.:thumbsup:

/ push button p.t.o. engagement #4  
On my L5740 it is a gentle engagement.

/ push button p.t.o. engagement
On the kioti and mahindra tractors I have been looking at there is an auto feature on the pto switch, what does that do?

/ push button p.t.o. engagement #6  
The Auto PTO feature turns the PTO off when the implement is raised by the three point hitch above a certain height, and turns it back on when the implement is lowered.

/ push button p.t.o. engagement #7  
Auto engages the pto when the lift arms are down and disengages when you lift the attachment. Not sure where exactly the on off point is, suspect fairly low - but I've never used it. Too much chance to drop the mower at high rpm and shock the whole works.

/ push button p.t.o. engagement #8  
On the kioti and mahindra tractors I have been looking at there is an auto feature on the pto switch, what does that do?

I have seen one poster say they used it and it is fine, He was using it on a tiller.. I don't like the idea of it, I would prefer to engage at low RPM, and under my control. I am afraid it would be a big bang to start the rotary cutter at high RPM settings.. Hard to say, for sure as I have never tried it, too chicken I guess.:eek:

James K0UA

/ push button p.t.o. engagement #9  
These electric over hydraulic PTO deals are great. Like others, I engage mine at idle, and the slowly bring the revs up, when I'm done, I slowly lower the rpms and shut it off. Only heard of on problem where the switch went bad, easy fix, and saves on clutch wear for those that like to ride the clutch.

/ push button p.t.o. engagement #10  
Unlike another L5740 owner who posted above, my L5740 engagement is abrupt. It is a multiple wet disk clutch with electro-hydraulic control. Push the button, hydraulic flow goes to the spring disengaged clutch and pushes the plates together. I start my mower at low idle and bring it up. If I do want a very easy engagement I have the foot clutch that controls all power flow from the engine to the back end so I can feather that but I find the push button at low idle is smooth enough.