When are kids old enough to start operating tractor?

/ When are kids old enough to start operating tractor? #81  
Qapla;2949865................. Don't let what others say or think change what you do or say [B said:
when there is nothing wrong with what you are doing[/B]. Yes, it is tragic when a child gets hurt or killed but that can happen riding in the car going to church or the store ... in fact it happens much more in the car then on the tractor ... but you don't here people saying how bad it is to let our kids ride in the car.

I agree with your comparisons of other potentially dangerous activities. But, it's not a bad idea to get others' input on what you think is okay/not wrong. I would say it is a mark of parental responsibility. What do other people see or think of that you do not, is always worth hearing. Sure, you have to apply your judgement to others' viewpoints.

We just had a 4 yr. old killed in an ATV backflip here in Maine. Riding alone, up a steep slope. May not have had a helmet on at the time of the accident, but did earlier. I'm not sure the adult who created that situation showed good judgement, but it has been a long time since my kids were 4 yrs old too.