Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #11  
The only problem with google earth is you never know when they will update. Last time I looked at my property it was dated 10-04-2011. I was able to see storm downed trees.

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #12  
I started flying RC planes and helicopters 2 years ago, it is a lot of fun. They now have what is called FPV (first person view) were you wear video googles and fly your plane. Here are some videos: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8isNR8_CdLQ&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL06487CCFBC0DA5BF]RC HELI FPV: HK-450 (TREX-450 clone) rc helicopter FPV flight over Candia Beach, Argolida. - YouTube[/ame]

VP

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #13  
The only problem with google earth is you never know when they will update. Last time I looked at my property it was dated 10-04-2011. I was able to see storm downed trees.

Bing Maps 3D is much clearer in some areas than Earth.

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property
Thanks to all for the posts. I especially like the RC Heli FPV: HK-450 (TREX-450 clone) V.P.

Thank you

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #15  
Neat idea,check your local whether before flying.
Also when these aircraft start getting up there in $ at what point is it worth insuring ? ;)
Or will actually some comp/insure one ?

Boone

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #16  
The FAA doesn't normally let private companies do unmanned drones so anything you want to do you'll need to do yourself. For hobbyist they regulated them to under 400 feet. I would expect sooner or later they will formally come up with laws regulating it even further as it's just a matter of time before someone decides that it's a great way to spy on and possibly stalk someone.

I will also use this for poachers. We had a serious problem when we first brought the land as it had been an inherited property. The owners were all older (than me) with two out of state. All three were afraid of snakes and never entered the land.

A local group of hunters had a leader who (a neighbor told me) had charged hunters $380 per year to hunt on the land noting it was his. They had used ATVs to rut up some areas in a bad way, left oil cans on the ground and generally had a good ole time. I have been cleaning up and "fixing" for two years.

A great farm family leases 26 acres from me for Soybeans. They have in turn "clued" the guys so that they now do not enter the land. Plus I gave the local Conservation Officer unlimited entry.

However; I found a large hole just off my property line in January 2012. I found it because I followed a dead smell. I found many, many deer in the hole with many having large racks. So they were going on my land and carrying the deer off to the neighbors.

Next day the neighbor stopped me because he found the hole and was wondering what he would say of the officer found it.

So the drone will help a lot. Also to locate the bee hives for the bee keepers.

The first photo is of the ATV ruts when we first brought. The second is looking toward the same area in the distance and how we have improved the trail/road. The third is a portion of my land where I smelled the odor in Jan. They use this as times, but for walking not ATV now.

So a drone it will be and we will see..hopefully! Also we have some high bird nests and areas the bears move in that I would like to look at (safely)! Jim

Attachments

• Photo135.jpg
    Photo135.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Photo133.jpg
    Photo133.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Photo140.jpg
    Photo140.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 279
True about the height. We have trees to slightly over 100 feet, so I would not go much higher. It would only be me and on my land. But you are right about care.

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #19  
The FAA doesn't normally let private companies do unmanned drones so anything you want to do you'll need to do yourself. For hobbyist they regulated them to under 400 feet. I would expect sooner or later they will formally come up with laws regulating it even further as it's just a matter of time before someone decides that it's a great way to spy on and possibly stalk someone.

The FAA is currertly working on a new set of rules to govern RC aircraft including FPV, where did you get your 400 foot regulation from, I wasnt aware there was a ruling yet.

VP

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #20  
Back when I was flying a ultralight aircraft, people would have me take pictures of their property or houses. I would do it for gas money/beer most of the time.