Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property
Roger. I will practice this weekend and post once I get video.

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #32  
I have 2 different RC helicopters and i swear i cant get them to fly worth a darn. Mind you i can operate a REAL helicopter, but i always seem to crash my rc model. the slightest breeze and their toast.
I have 5, and can't get them to fly worth a darn. RC helicopters are hard to catch on to.

But, if one can learn to fly, the HK 450 clone..........up and flying with HK components will cost about 300 bucks. Add the FPV for another 100........and your in. If one does a little studying, it is possible to get close to 30 minutes flight time with one of these RC heli's.

A little tip if you decide to try it. Do not go with a 'fixed pitch' helicopter. You need the capability of the 6 channel acrobatic helicopter(one that will fly upside down). Because the higher you go, the more wind there is.

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #33  
Go out to the small local airport and talk to some of the pilots most love to have a reason to fly and can only split the cost, (You will pay for the gas) I have done this several times and you can get all views and hights.

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #34  
The FAA doesn't normally let private companies do unmanned drones so anything you want to do you'll need to do yourself. For hobbyist they regulated them to under 400 feet. I would expect sooner or later they will formally come up with laws regulating it even further as it's just a matter of time before someone decides that it's a great way to spy on and possibly stalk someone.

Yeah, spying and stalking is reserved strictly for the government. :D

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #35  
Poacher watching was mentioned.
A few months ago in SC an animal rights groups was upset about an upcoming live released pigeon shoot at a gun club.
So they brought in a helicopter type drone to "spy" on them.
It was shot down.
Something to keep in mind....

BTW I bought one of those $20 Syma infrared indoor helicopters...I'm impressed!
Relatively easy to fly and really fun, has me thinking about a larger radio controlled outdoor version...just what I need another hobby/money pit:laughing:

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #36  
Poacher watching was mentioned.
A few months ago in SC an animal rights groups was upset about an upcoming live released pigeon shoot at a gun club.
So they brought in a helicopter type drone to "spy" on them.
It was shot down.
Something to keep in mind;)

That figures!

VP

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property
Skyco, Funny but true and I thought about that too. Mainly poachers seem to be cowards, so they come at night or when we are not around.

Mainly, I want to look at the property to see the condition of the trees, water flow, the river (1000' of river front), any ATV damage and how much is wetland.

As to poachers: I want to ensure no animal is left on the ground, see if they have left debris again and see entry points.

Travis, There is a Regional Airport about two miles North of us. I have called and mainly was told prices out of my range. However; you are right about a visit to see if a private owner would like to fly us around for gas. I see aircraft of all types (from helos to small jets) learning the airport.

I also want to look into the high tree tops as we have quite a collection of birds. I would like to check for bears as I saw one on a game camera and smelled one two winters ago as I walked in the snow.

There are so many snakes and other that I carry a Tarus 45/410 or a 357 S&W. I saw (game cam) what I thought was a wolf and now think is a well fed Eastern Coyote. It was huge with broad head and lead forward in it's stance. It just stood and stared at our barn.

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #38  
I thought I saw someone post a price of $9000 for a RC plane. That is approaching the cost of a good used ultra-light airplane. I would much prefer to be flying one of those rather than a RC drone.

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #39  
Skyco, Funny but true and I thought about that too. Mainly poachers seem to be cowards, so they come at night or when we are not around.

Mainly, I want to look at the property to see the condition of the trees, water flow, the river (1000' of river front), any ATV damage and how much is wetland.

As to poachers: I want to ensure no animal is left on the ground, see if they have left debris again and see entry points.

Travis, There is a Regional Airport about two miles North of us. I have called and mainly was told prices out of my range. However; you are right about a visit to see if a private owner would like to fly us around for gas. I see aircraft of all types (from helos to small jets) learning the airport.

I also want to look into the high tree tops as we have quite a collection of birds. I would like to check for bears as I saw one on a game camera and smelled one two winters ago as I walked in the snow.

There are so many snakes and other that I carry a Tarus 45/410 or a 357 S&W. I saw (game cam) what I thought was a wolf and now think is a well fed Eastern Coyote. It was huge with broad head and lead forward in it's stance. It just stood and stared at our barn.

If you get anyone to fly you in their plane, I would suggest a high wing aircraft with side windows that can be removed or tied up open so you can hang out the window a bit with your camera. St up the camera ahead of time for focal point range or you may have beautifully focused wings and struts but fuzzy ground images. Small aircraft have a minimum altitude law to consider.
It sounds like you really want something that you can use multiple times to check changing conditions over your property and bird images once you educate them to not be scared of your aircraft:)

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #40  
I always just use Google earth. Nothing can beat a satelite view that let's you zoom all the way into your driveway if you want. It gets buffered pretty regular too

This reminded me of the email circulating a while back about the local police set up with a radar installation and suddenly their gun showed something approaching at 300, then 450, then 650 and then their gun stopped workings followed shortly by an F16 zooming over at ground level. Their Captain wrote a flaming letter to the base commander about how their plane had smoked his radar unit.
The base commander wrote back that yes indeed their plane had fouled their radar as the F16 had live weapons on board and its onboard threat radar had locked on to their gun and then disabled it. The pilot had been able to cancel the automatic retailation weapons fire prior to it engaging the patrol car but they should be aware that those fighters have some very sophisticated video equipment on board and that Sergeant Jones should cover his mouth when cursing the pilots. Also he should fix the broken snap on his holster and should go to his dentist as it appear that a filing in his left rear molar is loose.
Have a nice day
Signed base commander