Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #1  

sfloggie

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
We have over 112 acres with 80 acres of dense woods and brush plus some wetland (swamp). It is about two miles deep to the river and about one and half mile wide at the widest point. My wife has never seen the river portion.

My son flies the drone (Predator) so I got the idea of buying a small remote with camera to fly over the area and film what my wife and I can not see.

I have never used a remote camera drone, so I wondered if anyone has (I will be talking to my son for tips) used them and any negative or positive results.
The one I am trying first is a toughened helicopter (once the weather clears). I will try to post results.

Thanks,

Jim

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #2  
That would be cool. I have a rocket with a camera built in that I use for similar purpose. You can buy them ready made from the hobby store.

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #3  
not sure if youve checked the you tubes but there are a few on there, I even saw a show on finding bigfoot where they had a camera mounted on a remote.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsxYbnT8tKk]Mega Spy RC Helicopter with Camera - YouTube[/ame]

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #4  
There may be commercial options out there that can do numerous jobs.

Google search required.:thumbsup:

RC plane cameras could be big in the future?

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property
Thanks Chopped for the video as I had not viewed any.

I brought the Egofly Hawkspy radio-controlled helicopter (LT-712) from Xenon Project on impulse. I will practice with it and then buy one with more versatility if I need to.

The LT-712 is controllable for up to 90 meters (270 feet) which is fine for learning (me).

Jim

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #6  
Google earth the commercial version might give you some good photos of your area and for less than a remote controlled plane with controlled flight from 2 miles away or even 1/2 mile. Even the free Googlearth is pretty good in some areas.

Thanks Gary. I forgot about Google Earth. I will check into that as we have the Great Dismal Swamp near us and I would like to see it closer to real time.

Also thanks Egon. I think the US restricts the use of the Flying CAM noted to government agencies, but it is a cool system.

Jim

Wow Egon! I noticed the video after my last post. That is really a great system!

Thanks,

/ Use of Remote Aircraft to View Property #10  
I don't know if any of this is suitable for your uses (or accessible to you!), but it's worth a shot. Depending on the resolution you require, satellite imagery coverage is pretty good and usually available (eg Google Earth), but not likely as sharp (or close-up) as a chopper cam would give you.
Aerial photos | University Libraries | Virginia Tech

BOB