Grading Rachet Rake

/ Rachet Rake #1  

denverdave66

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 1016, FEL, 60"MMM
Someone recommended me to buy a rachet rake to put on my FEL to help rip up small brush, level ground etc. Anyone out there has the rachet rake and does it work as good as it did in the you tube video?

/ Rachet Rake #2  
denverdave66 said:
Someone recommended me to buy a rachet rake to put on my FEL to help rip up small brush, level ground etc. Anyone out there has the rachet rake and does it work as good as it did in the you tube video?

There is a long thread on this subject and I think it's mostly full of praise for the ratchet rake. It's worth a read. That is how I heard of it and I'm very happy with mine.

/ Rachet Rake #3  
ddb is right. There is a thread on Ratchet Rakes and they are mostly positive. I got one after reading the reviews and it has already destroyed a few acres of multi-flora rose. I'll be seeding the bare ground tomorrow.

/ Rachet Rake #4  
Best couple hundred bucks I've spent in a long time. Everything from ripping up my buddy's lawn do he could re-seed to cleaning up storm damage fallen trees. Works great! Used it yesterday rake all the old mulch our of my planting beds so I can start fresh.

/ Rachet Rake #5  
Will it work to put in food plots?

/ Rachet Rake #6  
bucktaker said:
Will it work to put in food plots?

Should be fine. There is a YouTube video of a guy doing just that with a ratchet rake.

/ Rachet Rake #7  
ratchet rake rules!!!

/ Rachet Rake #8  
This is my second year with a ratchet rake on my L 2200 Kubota. I use it to clear brush and grass and level my gravel lane. I'm real critical about any item that won't perform as advertised. All I can say about the Ratchet Rake is it works great and is very well made. It certainly will prepare food plots with very little effort. Go for it.

/ Rachet Rake #9  
I am a fairly new member, but the Ratchet Rake is the best $300 I've spent, by far. Makes quick work of ground work, makes leveling an area very easy and it clears saplings and lighter vegetation very well.

/ Rachet Rake
I am glad I ordered it sounds like exactly what I want it for, to clear out saplings and small brush and level out my ground.