Mowing 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ?

/ 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ? #1  

scuba911

Tractor
craftsman
I recently bought a John Deere 1026R TLB with the 60D mower for my 3.5 acres. I spent a lot of time deliberating between the 2320 and the 1026R. I went with the 1026R due to the significantly lower price (bout 3K diff for whole package), more HP, and some of the creature comforts on the 1026R. It was delivered on Thursday and i've used it every day since and it's a powerful little sucker! My question is on the auto-connect 60D deck. It only sits 3 1/4" off the ground in it's fully raised position (floor to the bottom of the deck I took that measurement on a level concrete floor). That seems really low to me and I don't remember if the other models at the dealer sat that low. My father in law just bought the Kubota bx2360 w/ their 60 deck his sits at about 6 off the ground in it's fully raised position. I called the dealer and they're going to have someone come and look at it but I wanted to pose the question to this forum b/c it's been really helpful for me in my decision making process. That low deck height is really annoying it drags over the slightest bump if I'm moving it around also the very front in the center seems to sit a little lower than the back. Anyone else experienced anything like this or can anyone else w/ a 1026R or 1023E w/ the 60D auto connect tell me their clearance on the deck?

Attachments

• DSC_0837.JPG
    DSC_0837.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 2,763
   / 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ? #2  
How much did that cost?

/ 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ?
20K. I got quotes from my 3 nearest dealers. the other 2 were anywhere from 1200 to 1500 more for the package than the one i went with.

/ 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ? #4  
1st one I saw a BH on. What was the cost on that?

/ 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ?
The backhoe alone was 5400 i think.

/ 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ? #6  
   / 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ? #7  
The deck on my 1026r goes up higher than 3 1/3". I mow at 3" + and deck comes up 3 or 4" from my cuting height. The deck goes on and off so EZ I take the mower off if doing anything other than mowing.

/ 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ? #8  
so is 3.5 inchs the highest the deck can go?

/ 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ? #9  
It will go higher. Look in the manual where it talks about leveling the deck. It will tell you how to level it side to side and front to back. You can use this same method to raise your cutting height. Mine is about 3 1/2" & I've got room to go higher. This is a good height for my lawn and I've found that with a deck 60" wide, I have to go a little slower in some areas to keep it from bouncing. Hope this helped and good luck.

/ 1026R & 60D auto-connect deck height ? #10  
I am having fits trying to mow with my 1025R with the 60" deck. Looks fine on flat ground, but if you are on any type of side hill it scalps on the downhill side. Any easy fixes?
DRSJD