Got my Rachet Rake today

/ Got my Rachet Rake today #1  

denverdave66

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 1016, FEL, 60"MMM
I just got my rachet rake today and I was anxious to try it out. It did a good job of getting the underbrush out, I am sure was I get more family with my new JD 1026 I will get the hang of our to use it better. Any tips on how to get it all the brush out? I still had some small stuff sticking up.

/ Got my Rachet Rake today #2  
To get all the brush out you may have to rake the same area several times going forward as well as reverse. The small stuff sometimes just bends over so you need downward pressure on the rake to dig the roots out.

This info is from the RR site:

OPERATING THE RATCHET RAKE
FORWARD OPERATION-The bottom surface of the loader bucket should be orientated paralled with the ground. The operator
lowers the bucket to achieve the desired amount of penetration into soil or vegetation.
BACKWARD OPERATION-The bottom surface of the loader bucket should be orientated at a 30 degree to 50 degree angle to
the ground which allows both sets of teeth to be utilitzed simultaneously. The operator lowers the bucket to achieve the desired
amount of penetration. This is the most effective bucket position when pulling out rocks or debree from the ground
IN THICK BRUSH-Limiting passes to 20’-30’ is recommended. Lift and shake out rake after operating forward. Then proceed
backward on the same track with the bucket tilted to aid in gathering up the loosened brush or vegetation
SMALLER MACHINES-May be more effective taking passes of only one half bucket width in thick brush.
NEW LAWNS-To achieve a seedbed with a smooth and powderlike consistency, the top 2”-3” of soil should be dried out.
WEBSITE VIDEO-We recommend watching the video demonstration at www.ratchetrake.com before using our product.