Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount

/ Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount #2  
I bet that hurt.....dangerous situation, but dang funny from here, thanks for sharing.

/ Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount #3  
Yellow jackets and red wasp seem to be the most agressive of the wasps commonly found around my place.
Mostly what I find under my sheds and patio are the huge brown wasps. They arent too agressive and I have sometimes been able to just reach up with a leathe glove and crush the whole nest when it is small. Diesel works for a slow kill but effective and doesnt cut the paint off like carb cleaner. I use it in a garden sprayer for the high nest under my tractor shed. Since the oily film stays there for a long time, it discourages rebuilt from the survivors as there is usually a few from the nest out scavenging for food unless you attack them at night.

/ Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount #4  
If you fully remove the stem that attaches the nest to the barn or whatever, they are less likely to rebuild in that spot. The stem has an odor that tells the wasps where to rebuild.

I've said it before at the risk of being incarcerated by the safety police, but gasoline knocks the air out of those little buggers instantly. And no, I don't have a good delivery system figured out yet.

/ Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount #5  
I was told that a hair dryer takes the pain of a sting away almost instantly. I didn't really believe it until I got stung last year and figured I'd give it a shot. Instant relief. Last night, my 22 month old was stung on his hand. He obviously screamed. My wife put the hair dryer on it right away (he was inside and right beside the bathroom when it happened) and he stopped crying instantly. I don't know why it works, but it does, give it a try.

/ Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount #6  
If you fully remove the stem that attaches the nest to the barn or whatever, they are less likely to rebuild in that spot. The stem has an odor that tells the wasps where to rebuild.

I've said it before at the risk of being incarcerated by the safety police, but gasoline knocks the air out of those little buggers instantly. And no, I don't have a good delivery system figured out yet.

Last time I used gasoline, a plain old pump squirt bottle (like cleaners come in) worked good for me.

Then for Yellow Jacket nests in the ground I stick a funnel in the hole, dump in some gas and usually do it at night.

/ Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount #7  
igpoobah, that flailing flourish before your dismount gets a perfect 5. :thumbsup:

/ Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount #8  
Was visiting a friend years ago, we spotted a large nest under the eave of his home. He put a pot on the warming plate of his coffee maker, ran a batch of water thru to heat it up, added a squirt of dish detergent, stirred, and voila', dead wasps. Works good when you don't want to mess up a paint job. I like malathion in a spray bottle, especially if I have been stung; it works a bit slower than gas, allowing me to see pain and suffering....bru ha ha ha ha ha haa!

/ Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount #9  
Thats another thing owners booklet doesn't tell you...Tractor Cannot Out Run Bees. ;)

/ Yellowjacket nest disturbed...my dismount
Thats another thing owners booklet doesn't tell you...Tractor Cannot Out Run Bees. ;)

Yeah, but I sure gave it **** for a few seconds. All of a sudden it hit me that if I was going to get away from them it was going to be on foot.

This is a great example of why the seat safety cutoff switch is a good thing. I could have taken out the deck and pool if the thing had kept going. And thank God I didn't have to fight the seatbelt (wasn't wearing it)