Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader

Default Massey Dogging

I finally got the chance to do some mowing with my new 2615. After a new battery and a new ignition switch things seemed to be fine. Yesterday I mowed a 3 acre pc of pasture. There is a small slope I have to go up and the tractor was dogging at 2,000 RPM. It's 48 hp and I'm pulling a 7 ft Woods RD finish mower.
    My previous tractor was a 45 hp 231s and would pull a steeper hill than this without breaking a sweat. This 2615 feels more like a 35hp tractor.
    When I got done mowing I headed out of the field and disengaged the Independent PTO, the engine immediately picked up 200 rpm. Whatever's dogging it must be related to the pto or the implement.
    Should I be looking for a bearing or belt problem with the implement. Later on I thought I should have felt the mower's gear box for heat.
    Gear Up and Throttle Down.

2011 Massey 2615, 7ft Woods Rear Discharge Finish Mower, 6 ft Lucknow Snow Blower, Danuser post hole digger with 12" and 24" augers, 350 lb 3 pt broadcast spreader, 7ft scraper blade, 7 ft. drag harrow, JD GT 275 rider with 38" snow blower attachment.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: Massey Dogging

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Page View Post
    I finally got the chance to do some mowing with my new 2615. After a new battery and a new ignition switch things seemed to be fine. Yesterday I mowed a 3 acre pc of pasture. There is a small slope I have to go up and the tractor was dogging at 2,000 RPM. It's 48 hp and I'm pulling a 7 ft Woods RD finish mower.
    My previous tractor was a 45 hp 231s and would pull a steeper hill than this without breaking a sweat. This 2615 feels more like a 35hp tractor.
    When I got done mowing I headed out of the field and disengaged the Independent PTO, the engine immediately picked up 200 rpm. Whatever's dogging it must be related to the pto or the implement.
    Should I be looking for a bearing or belt problem with the implement. Later on I thought I should have felt the mower's gear box for heat.
    That's where I would start. And checking everything for heat, not just the gearbox.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.