jd950 problem

/ jd950 problem #1  

sal64

Platinum Member
Tractor
jd 2320 jd 990 jd950
hello all , i was brushhoging tall grass today with my jd950 for the first hr it was running good, i stoped now and then to blow out the grill and radiator of pollin, had about 1/2tank of fuel, turnd sharp on a steap hill then the tractor started to die like it was running out of fuel i was able to restart it and drove it back to n my barn the rpm didnt seam to sound high enough compared to the rpm gage filled fuel to top and cleaned air filter still had the problem then i cleaned the fuel cap hole out bleaded the fuel a couple of bubbles came out, tried to mow againfor about 1/2hr and it ran good my question is did i such air? i dont think it was the fuel cap i clean it regular, it was very hot today was it begining to overheat? i didnt notice the temp light on. tuvm

/ jd950 problem #2  
You may want to change the fuel filter. It may have been starved for fuel. You may also have some crud partially blocking the fuel outlet on your fuel tank that was stirred by your turn.

/ jd950 problem #3  
The engine was probably overheating. The engine light comes on only when the engine is very hot and close to boiling over. Make sure the shutter flap on the bottom of the radiator next to the battery is open when using in the summer.
If you get air in the fuel system, in my experience, the engine, if it will start, ,will run very rough until the injector lines are bled. Not a fun process, and if you ever run out of fuel, you will never want to do it again.
If the 950 recovered and was operating normally after that experience, it wasn't hurt

/ jd950 problem
tnks all hopefully it dosnt happen again .