nuts came loose on front wheels.....

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #11  
I'd replace both the rim and the studs...a temporary repair might be necessary for the short term, but the permanent fix should be replacement.
Right off the bat, I suggest you check torque on all your wheel nuts.

I also suggest you consider torque stripping. Once the nuts (or bolts) are torqued, use a paint marker and paint a line across the fastener (nut and stud or bolt) and on to the wheel. As long as the paint line isn't broken or misaligned, the torque is correct. This is a pretty simple way to make the wheel fastener torque check visual.

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #12  
That would work if the welder was good or just weld up the holes and redrill. If I was going to weld on it, that is what I would do, plug weld the holes up and redrill them. They dont have tapered holes (at least the ones I have seen) because they are reversable. The tapered nut seats on the square face. It will take some precision hole lay out and drilling to get them perfectly aligned.

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #13  
I had the same thing happen to a wheel on my 16ft tandem axle trailer. Had to replace he studs, get new lugnuts, and a new rim. I use the old rim as the spare now, but just for short distances as I have to check/re-tighten the lugs very often.

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #14  
This happened to me with my MX5000. When I first noticed it, I tightened them all back up but they didn't hold long. The wheel was shot due to the stud holes all messed up. I had to replace the studs as well. I got the wheel and the studs/nuts from the dealer. They were cool enough to loan me the tools to remove the old studs and install the new ones as well.

My advise is fix it correctly, you have a nice tractor.

Good luck

/ nuts came loose on front wheels.....
taking rims off here is what i found.. threads on studs are stripped, rim is bent holes are worse than i thought.

i need to replace all studs, nuts & both rims any ideas where i can get aftermarket rims studs & nuts i can get from dealer if i have to rim size is

9-5x16 for ag tires 8 hole

i have looked on line but can`t find rims that size.

thanks cm

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #16  
taking rims off here is what i found.. threads on studs are stripped, rim is bent holes are worse than i thought.

i need to replace all studs, nuts & both rims any ideas where i can get aftermarket rims studs & nuts i can get from dealer if i have to rim size is

9-5x16 for ag tires 8 hole

i have looked on line but can`t find rims that size.

thanks cm

I suggest you buy the rim from the dealer...

/ nuts came loose on front wheels.....
took your advise got new rim, nuts, bolts & xtras to have . my torque wrench only goes to 160 # i think the required torque is 180 or so #`s.

this time i`m going to tighten the nuts down good & tight.

cm

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #18  
For future information. Some OEMs and wheel manufactors sell wheel lug reinforcement rings. These don't need to be welded on unless the wheels are damaged.

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #19  
took your advise got new rim, nuts, bolts & xtras to have . my torque wrench only goes to 160 # i think the required torque is 180 or so #`s.

this time i`m going to tighten the nuts down good & tight.

cm

Don't forget to torque stripe the nuts and studs!

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #20  
Just a thought.. the front wheels on my L3400 don't have tapered holes, so the nuts are turned around so the flat end of the nut is toward the rim, and there's a lockwasher under the nuts. If you had the tapered end of the nut facing a flat hole I think it would rapidly wear into the steel rim due to the small contact area.

You should be able to see what I'm talking about in the attached picture.

Your rim MAY have had tapered holes and the nuts just came loose, too.

Sean

Attachments

• Kubota front tire.jpg
    Kubota front tire.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 279
  • leftfront1.jpg
    leftfront1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 201