nuts came loose on front wheels.....

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #21  
gonna go check my nuts now.....1000 hrs, 'bout time:ashamed:
Got 1 "click" on each front nut...so still very tight.

Last edited:
   / nuts came loose on front wheels..... #22  
took your advise got new rim, nuts, bolts & xtras to have . my torque wrench only goes to 160 # i think the required torque is 180 or so #`s.

this time i`m going to tighten the nuts down good & tight.

cm

Time to get a bigger torque wrench. You NEED it!

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #23  
I know that oversize lug nuts are available in certain sizes for just such an occasion. Whether they are available for your tractor I can't say. You would need to take a lug nut to your local NAPA type store or tractor repair mech. and match it up.
Yes, on a tractor it can be fixed safely in this way if you can find large enuf taper nuts. I would go instead for making taper collars for the studs large enuf to engage the enlarged holes well. These would double as a bushing and a shaped washer held down by normal nut. Looks like the studs are plenty long to allow for the extra space required.
larry

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #24  
Did that exact thing on my dear, had to replace the studs and all of the hardware, just washered the wheel in the short term and eventually replaced it when I found a used set aroudn for cheep.

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #25  
Did that exact thing on my dear, had to replace the studs and all of the hardware, just washered the wheel in the short term and eventually replaced it when I found a used set aroudn for cheep.
Your dear has nuts?:eek:

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #26  
Yeah maybe you should check your nuts more often. At 50 years old I check mine daily. So far no problems.

Bud

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #27  
And about that time was when the fight started..

/ nuts came loose on front wheels..... #30  
Maybe you could teach the little lady to check your nuts for you? :D