Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Need R1s for my L3010

I purchased a L3010 2 years ago. I got R4's thinking they be good enough for my very steep hills. After the wet spring we have had in TN I think I would like to have a set of AG's. The question, is it feasible to try and trade of a set of R4s for R1s. My tires are loaded and are very heavy. I now have 180 hours. I do not have a trailer to transport them on. Anyone have a suggestion [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] or does anyone have a set of R1's and want r4's [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 HSTC, International 2400, Hesston 1280,

Default Re: Need R1s for my L3010

Sure would be nice if you could get a loaner tractor with R1's to try under the same conditions. I really wonder if the wider width of the R4's may give as much traction as the narrower R1's. I realize the R1's might clear the treads better, which probably means you would dig down quicker. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I remember many years ago, when the treads changed on some of the tractor tires, I thought the new ones would have better traction, but the treads on my tractor were still full heighth. Well, finally I punched a hole in one of them, which gave me an excuse to buy a new tire. Then I had one new tire & one old tire on the 2 wheel drive tractor. To my surprise, almost always, the new tire would spin out before the old one did. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]