Ballast almost flipped the tractor, really need some help!

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #181  
Dropping the FEL is obvious to me, but dropping the rear implement is not.
Both drop considerable weight to a point that lowers the tractors center of gravity. Which to drop first is the question. If you have dropped the front axle into a hole and the tractor is trying to rotate around the front x then drop the loader first as it will provide a new point of contact further in front of you which becomes the new point of rotation and changes the math in your favor. If on the other hand the hill has got too steep and the front is rising up rotating around the rear axle then lower the rear implement until it hits the ground and moves the point of rotation back away from the rear axle. It is like putting a hand out to press against the ground to push away from the direction you don't want to go. Letting off on the throttle can save you from a back flip but if you start going forward with what you are carrying the only thing that can stop you is a loader bucket or a big tree.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #182  
I don't believe what I'm reading:eek: you had to ASK about tyre ballast,at the dealership I worked in we always had to fill the tires with water as it was part of the pre-delivery. It seems that they only want the sale and D I L L I G A F to anything else! :mad: or we've got your money now and don't want to know. As to the Kanga 150, I assume that it is a 5' slasher/bush hog but I would be very careful as wet clay is very heavy, I have a lot of it here on my block under the sandy gravel. Maybe better to hire an escavator ifpossible or just keep the FEL low when working in that clay. Some pix would be good as I don't know what sort of terrain you are working on.Just my:2cents: worth.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #183  
Can anyone here on TBN the source of most of my education....advise me whether a KANGA M150 SLASHER and with water in tires to 90% capacity with wheels set at largest width will be enough for when i operate the FEL in wet clay?

I'm not sure whether or not the Kanga slasher (rotary cutter) would provide enough ballast for your situation or not. The Kanga M150 slasher is a 5 foot slasher with a claimed weight of 390kg (860lb). Perhaps someone with MX5100 experience could chime in here.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #184  
1) you must have counter balast. I have a smaller front loader and use 800 lbs and my tires are fluid filled.
2) on the speed with the extra weight - you must drive in lowe gear.. Drop the loader when not needed.
3) I hope you uprighted your tracotr. all you had to do was lower the loader and the tractor would have leveled off. Next time do not let it sit like that.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #185  
another 2 cents:
look in your manual and get the recommend weight distribution for your tractor with the loader
then do the math to ensure you have the tractor balanced
fill the wheels with fluid and add something in the back the balances you (heavy box blade, disk, backhoe, etc.)
Also, work up slope (or flat) as much as possible
glad you avoided danger
Mike

ps - your dealer should have filled your tires as part of the sale as others have mentioned
in the USA, FEL usually means mandatory ballast

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #186  
I sent this to a mate who is also a machinery dealer and he could not believe that they let the tractor out of the shop without rear ballast nor anything else. I can't repeat what he said here but it was not very complimentary,but he said there should have been ballast and the dealer should have given some basic instruction on operating. just another:2cents:worth.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #187  
Do not use the extender on the bucket, it is more designed for snow, should not be used for hauling soil, it overloads the front axle, use the standard 73 inch bucket for moving soil. The owners manual says what ballast to use. should be 750-850 pounds, Id go to higher end if hauling down a slope

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #188  
Fill the tires makes no differance in performance of the machine. Only adds weight when loaded on a trailer. Use a box blade or some counterweight and always carry the bucket as close to the ground as possible. Good luck and be careful. In my line of work I have seen way too many of these go bad, bad, bad. Wear the seat belt it will and can save your life if you go over again!!!!

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #189  
Fill the tires makes no differance in performance of the machine. Only adds weight when loaded on a trailer. Use a box blade or some counterweight and always carry the bucket as close to the ground as possible. Good luck and be careful. In my line of work I have seen way too many of these go bad, bad, bad. Wear the seat belt it will and can save your life if you go over again!!!!

Why you say it "makes no differance in performance of the machine"?

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #190  
I wouldn't recommend water or antifreeze for tires, it will eventally cause rust inside the rim, rust the wheel to the rim. they use a special solution that wont cause corrosion. Overall, I don't recommend liquid ballast, I prefer using something that can hook to the 3point. either a bracket to hold cast weights or a box filled with concrete. I made my own wight bracket that holds 450 pounds of cast weights for my 2520.