3-Point Hitch front mount pto and 3 pt hitch

/ front mount pto and 3 pt hitch #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
I have a Massey Fergeson 1652...am going to install a Frontlink 3 pt hitch and front pto so i can use my snowblower going forward...do alot of it. Does anyone have any experience with this??? Frontlink seemed to have the best deal and equipment.

/ front mount pto and 3 pt hitch #2  
It looks like an interesting system. There wasn't too much info on their web site to really see how it attaches to the tractor and powers the PTO. It looks expensive. Have you gotten a price quote on it?

/ front mount pto and 3 pt hitch #3  
I have a Massey Fergeson 1652...am going to install a Frontlink 3 pt hitch and front pto so i can use my snowblower going forward...do alot of it.

No 3-pt snowblower experience here, but I do like to use my 3-pt
implements on my FEL, and use hyd drive for one of them.

That said, TractorData says you have 12.5 GPM available, but it does not
say if that includes the power steering. You may have only about 8.5
GPM available from your implement pump. Flow rate is extremely important
for high speed hyd implements. Is the hyd motor sized for your flow rate?

/ front mount pto and 3 pt hitch
thanks for getting back to me..i am going with pto drive off the front flywheel I had looked at hydraulic with the power pak on the rear....i needed a bigger snowblower than that power source could supply. The frontlink system is about $10,000 including the 3 pt htch and pto install..

/ front mount pto and 3 pt hitch #5  
You might want to look at MK Martin ( MK Martin | Home ). They make a Front 3pt hitch with a mid PTO system.

I am saving for one myself so I can put my rear snowblower on the front. The ballpark price for my size tractor is $3,400.

Although your tractor is larger, I'd give them a call and see what it would cost.

/ front mount pto and 3 pt hitch #6  
thanks for getting back to me..i am going with pto drive off the front flywheel I had looked at hydraulic with the power pak on the rear....i needed a bigger snowblower than that power source could supply. The frontlink system is about $10,000 including the 3 pt htch and pto install..

that seems expensive, vs going with a "power trac" tractor. were all implements are placed on the front. you might see about just trading in current tractor and implements for "power trac" tractor and implements you need for a "power trac"

on another note, does snow blower have some sort of trip system. so if you hit a side walk edge or something other. you do not bust something up?

does the PTO of front link allow for a slip clutch or like so you do not tear up the expensive frontlink PTO setup or tractor?

/ front mount pto and 3 pt hitch #7  
gravelman said:
I have a Massey Fergeson 1652...am going to install a Frontlink 3 pt hitch and front pto so i can use my snowblower going forward...do alot of it. Does anyone have any experience with this??? Frontlink seemed to have the best deal and equipment.

How about a pull-type rear snowblower that MK Martin sells? It would save you a lot and give you the opportunity to keep the front end loader for its intended use. I like my MK Martin Meteor "68 blower a lot.

/ front mount pto and 3 pt hitch
well, i have already placed the order for the frontlink system. i was told front pto is better than mid mount...we will see, thanks much for your feedback