How to "unload" your loaded rear tires?

/ How to "unload" your loaded rear tires? #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
My rear tires are loaded with methanol. The @800lbs of extra weight is something of a mixed blessing; it adds some stability when digging and some traction too, but definitely leaves noticeable tire depressions in finished lawns. Customers don't like deep tire tracks their lawns. Neither does my wife.

How should I go about removing the methanol?

/ How to "unload" your loaded rear tires? #2  
Roll the tire so that the valvestem is at the top, jack the back end up, pull the valve core, run a hose from the valvestem to your container (some run it through a pump) EDIT: Roll the tire so that the stem is at the bottom and drain.
Some use the tire filler adapter from Tractor Supply such as: Slime Air/Water Adapter Kit - 1170832 | Tractor Supply Company

Aaron Z

Last edited:
   / How to "unload" your loaded rear tires? #3  
wouldn't the valve stem have to be down to drain the tire? :confused:

/ How to "unload" your loaded rear tires? #4  
wouldn't the valve stem have to be down to drain the tire? :confused:

I'm pretty sure he left out the part where you roll the tire after the hose is attached.

/ How to "unload" your loaded rear tires?
Sounds good fellas. Thanks for the "slime" adapter link.

/ How to "unload" your loaded rear tires? #6  
I'm pretty sure he left out the part where you roll the tire after the hose is attached.

Yep, went to find the slime link and forgot to mention rolling the tire so that the stem is down. Fixed it now.

Aaron Z

/ How to "unload" your loaded rear tires? #7  
Don't throw the methanol away first thing. After running you tractor without it over some rough ground or doing some loader work you might find that a few ruts and wife frowns are worth it. Also be sure to have your ROPS up and your seat belt fastened. Some of the things you could do "for sure" before will be "just ain't so" without the load in the tires and it only takes once to be a 911 call.

/ How to "unload" your loaded rear tires? #8  
I have nothing to add otheur than the fact that I grew up in perkiomenville, lived on Hildebrandt Road, which happens to be my last name! Small,world, never thought I would see that on an internet forum!

/ How to "unload" your loaded rear tires?
I have nothing to add otheur than the fact that I grew up in perkiomenville, lived on Hildebrandt Road, which happens to be my last name! Small,world, never thought I would see that on an internet forum!

Yes, the world has gotten A LOT smaller.

Perhaps you know the Reiters or the Littles?