How big of a tractor do I need.

/ How big of a tractor do I need. #1  

terraformer

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510, Bolens G192/Iseki 1910
I have a 20 hp Iseki 4wd drive tractor with a FEL. Use it to mow, groom motorcycle trails, move dirt. Pull posts and have tried it push over dead pine trees in my pastures.

My problem is that the trees are more than my tractor can handle. I pulled the front end loose and stripped out the FWD last year. The Iseki has been repaired but I don't want to tear it up again.

The trees are probably 7-12" diameter and dead. I was using the bucket to push them over and got 5-6 toppled but have 20 more. I want to cultivate the field and put in either wheat or soybeans in the future. I probably have 9 acres of pasture that could be put in crops.

How big of a tractor should I be looking at?

/ How big of a tractor do I need. #2  
if i was you id hire a dozer to push out those trees.but if you want a new tractor id look at the 50hp tractors.

/ How big of a tractor do I need. #3  
The biggest thing that will fit in your barn/through your gates. Compact utility "tractors" are for gardening.

-Phillip

/ How big of a tractor do I need. #4  
Unless you need it for other jobs it is cheaper to have some one come do it. I had 50 assorted trees and stumps popped and the land graded for 650 dollars.
Much less than a back hoe attachment or new tractor.
Still want the back hoe though..:laughing: