Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc.

/ Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc. #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Lets see your hearing protection for operating your machines. My BX is NOISY!! especially when mowing . The hydro noise is almost deafening.

So I bought a pair of the Stihl (Peltor) Worktunes. Love them. Ive had them for going on 3 weeks now. Use them all the time, not just for the tractor, but the trimmer and chainsaw as well. The odd time I have to run something without them, you can really notice just how loud these machines are.

So nice to have a RADIO! Although the tuner isnt the best (can only tune in the 3 strongest local stations) it still beats not having a radio. Probably as close to a cab as I'll ever come:) Really makes the time pass when you have something to listen too.

So a solid vote for the Worktunes so far!!

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

/ Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc. #2  
Good to know there worth a darn. I wonder if they will fit my new Stihl
Helmet?

/ Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc.
I dont know if they'll fit a stihl helmet or not. The wire connecting the 2 earcups isnt removable. You could take the helmet suspension out, install the wire with the cups attached, then reinstall the suspension.

If Peltor muffs will fit, then i imagine these could be adapted, carefully... especially considering that these ones were $100 lol.

edit:
Looking at the Stihl website, the "Forestry Helmet System" appears to have the same muffs as mine, minus the radio. The "wire" frame mount for the cups looks very similar. Id say its doable.

http://www.stihlusa.com/apparel/forestry-helmet.html

proacc_foresthsystem_co.jpg

/ Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc. #5  
I use Peltor also but no tunes.
I prefer to hear everything that the machine is doing with no distractions.

/ Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc. #6  
I use the peltor worktunes almost all the time while running equipment. :thumbsup: They make a funny noise when the battery is about to go dead, I didnt know this when it happened the first time.

/ Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc. #7  
Can you still hear potential issues with the machine? Grinding, bending metal, etc?

/ Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc.
Can you still hear potential issues with the machine? Grinding, bending metal, etc?

yes. Even cranked, the volume isnt that loud.

Its a non issue (despite what I expect others to say) especially if your intune with your machine. I can feel more going on with the seat of my pants than i ever could hearing.

/ Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc. #9  
yes. Even cranked, the volume isnt that loud.

Its a non issue (despite what I expect others to say) especially if your intune with your machine. I can feel more going on with the seat of my pants than i ever could hearing.

If it isn't much different than muffs or plugs that is fine.

I do some pretty rough work on a tractor at times.........ugly sounds are a cue sometimes to let up.

/ Hearing protection for noisy tractors. Worktunes Etc. #10  
I have a noise -canceling set of John Deere ( I know, Blasphemy as a Kioti owner), which I listen to Audible.com books in my Ipod ( again, maybe another thread to see if we can share- I have 180 titles I've purchased) while doing my tractor thing. You can still hear if something is not right.