New FEL not level

/ New FEL not level #1  

backintheday

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510H
Hi all,
So i got my new Branson Friday (3510HST) and today i put it to work scraping away dirt for my new shop. A few passes in i noticed it kept digging down deeper on the left, then i noticed the crossmember on the loader frame is not sitting level, it's lower on the left, as the day went on it got a little worse, i had to stop scraping cause it was doing more harm than good. I had a loaner for a few weeks same FEL)and was doing the same thing with out any issue. Anybody ever had this happen to them? I am calling the dealer tomorrow to see what can be done but i am a little concerned the FEL isn't built very strong. Other than that i love the tractor! You guys think i would be better off with a box blade, i'm clearing an area about 50x80.

Thanks

/ New FEL not level #2  
A box blade would be nice as well, but you shouldn't have any problems doing such work. Hopefully your dealer will take care of you and get it fixed.

/ New FEL not level #3  
Did you check for loose or missing hardware?
In any case, it sounds like what you are doing is a box blade job. If you get a nice heavy one, its much faster than a FEL and much harder to break. At worst you could fold a lower hitch arm if you push to fast and catch a rock.

/ New FEL not level #4  
Loader mounting frames not level or working loose will cause the loader to lean to 1 side. Check all the bolts. These should be check about every 5 hours or so until they take a good set and quit loosening.

/ New FEL not level
Good suggestions, heading out to check hardware.

thanks to all.

/ New FEL not level
All bolts are tight, it's not the TP, the loader frame is not sitting level, I set a level across the grill guard, it's level, set the level on the loader arms, it's off about .5 in. i know that doesn't sound like much but when it's digging it's about a 4-6" difference from left to right ( the bucket will dig 4-6" deeper on the left), it's almost like the steel is weaker in the left arm than it is in the right.

Thanks for the help.

/ New FEL not level #8  
Loader mounting frames not level or working loose will cause the loader to lean to 1 side. Check all the bolts. These should be check about every 5 hours or so until they take a good set and quit loosening.

This is what I had. To correct the problem I put the loader in float (on level ground) and then loosened the cam tensioner on the loader mount then retightened both sides until the were both at the same setting. After that my loader was level.

/ New FEL not level #9  
Do look at the tire pressure on the rear!!!

/ New FEL not level
The Branson rep is now involved. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.