new owner of Kubota G1900S, new to forum, need info

/ new owner of Kubota G1900S, new to forum, need info #1  

Tina1133

Tractor
Kubota G1900S
Hi,
I just bought a used Kubota G1900S with 1178 hours on it, no owners manual and I need maintenance info, plus how do you get the deck off??? So annoying, I can not find any info online about this tractor, don't even know how old it is, does anyone know how to tell and where can I get an owners manual? Yes, I am a newbie, and a girl...lol
thank you in advance for any advice.
Tina

/ new owner of Kubota G1900S, new to forum, need info #2  
Tina,

You need to take a deep breath, stand back and enjoy the wonderful machine you just bought, and then take some time and patience to learn how to take care of it.

Removing the mower deck - You need to release the front bracket. Near the front of the tractor, pull out the spring loaded locking pin and rotate the handle down, counterclockwise. Remove the front support by removing 2 pins and put to side. Disconnect the springs from on back of the mower deck, either by pulling the pins or rotating them off the frame. Remove the 2 pins that hold the deck to the hydraulic lift. Raise the hydraulic arms. Trick: Jack up the front of the tractor. Move deck back until the main shaft slides out. Muscle the deck out from under the tractor (take your time, it is heavy).

Grease points on tractor: 1 under each wheel cap, 1 accessed through a hole in the rear axle by each tire, 2 on the main mower deck drive shaft U Joints, 1 one the mower deck engage lever, 1 on each front axle. Grease points on mower deck: 1 on each pulley (sometime infront of the pully), 1 on each 4 rolling wheels). I may have missed one or two:)

Check oil level in mower deck gear box by removing top side bolt. Better yet, just drain this and refill with fresh gear oil.

Last edited:
   / new owner of Kubota G1900S, new to forum, need info #3  
One more important thing to understand about this machine. The radiator pulls air under the steering wheel, and this tends to get clogged with debris. After every cut I would recommend checking the screen (removing the 2 screw nobs) and cleaning it if need be.

If you do not, the radiator will get covered in debris, and then overheat. The mower has a loud warning horn to tell you it is overheating. Shut down the mower deck but keep the mower running. Clean the screen and it should cool down quickly.

/ new owner of Kubota G1900S, new to forum, need info #5  
thank you Sniggle, I have not been on, this site wouldn't let me log in, and I have been away from home also. I just wanted to say thank you for the links. Now I have an issue with this machine, it just will not turn over, the glow plug glows, and then nothing, I can not figure out what to do... it has done it before and when I asked my brother to look at it, it started right up, now it is dead again... uggg, any suggestions? ps I had to create a new account to get back into this site.

/ new owner of Kubota G1900S, new to forum, need info #6  
Sounds like a safety switch: brake on, seat occupied, neutral gear selected? I don't know that model, but if your brother can make it run, you can too. Ask him, next time, what EXACT things he touched or moved to get it going. Chances are you aren't doing one of them. Best luck.
Jim

/ new owner of Kubota G1900S, new to forum, need info #7  
lol, he didn't do anything except get on it and it started right up....it does seem that water squirts out the hole underneath the seat where the safety seat switch is, I don't know how water is getting under/into the seat, there are no rips in it. brake is on, pto is off, I don't know if /where neutral is?? I did read elsewhere to run a relay switch from the starter to the battery, and he is picking that up for me, but not sure how to wire it up?? Hope I figure it out, and get it started, thanks for responding Jim.