new member questions about a BX24

/ new member questions about a BX24 #1  

treeskier

Tractor
Kubota BX24
Greetings all,

I found this forum extremely helpful with my search and subsequent purchase of my slightly used BX 24. I am super thrilled with this little machine and it's amazing amount of power.

My only (small) problem is that most of the time while the machine is running, I can get off without the engine shutting off but other times the engine shuts down as soon as I raise my weight off the seat. I know it's been discussed here before but would anyone mind giving me a refresher on what I might do to fix? I've read the forward/reverse pedal needs grease. I can't seem to find the fitting to grease. The tractor starts back up after I 'jiggle' the pto lever and rock the f/r pedal and bounce on the seat but what of these is actually 'resetting' the switch that seems to be tripping? and which switch is it?

Thank You !

/ new member questions about a BX24 #2  
It shuts off when the seat bounces because you've left it in gear (or left the pto engaged). Move your tansmission to neutral and you can get off without any problem. Just remember to set (and release!) your parking brake with your new habit. The HST would keep it from rolling before, but not any longer.

Oh, and :welcome: to TBN!

/ new member questions about a BX24 #3  
hint - if it running and you havent used the pto, and tractor in turtle/rabbit gear then you need to regrease the HST pedal.

Your tractor is doing the creep and you didnt make sure the HST pedal is centered before getting off. (zerk is in floorboard under the half oval cutout in mat.) I am 98 % sure this is the case. Otherwise if it greased well, you may have to tighten the HST spring a couple turns that is under the tractor. you will need to play with HST pedal with tractor off and parking brake and follow the linkage all the way to back. ( word of warning! do not tighten more the 2 at a time at the reverse issue will be much more abrupt and its a fine tuning thing)

If this is not the case- then check the safety switches. double check to make sure the seat is firmly locked down from BH position as there is 2 safety switches for seat and if the latch in front didnt catch all the way.

/ new member questions about a BX24
Thanks for the replies.

It must be the f/r pedal needing grease because it does this little game when it is in neutral too sometimes...which is why I was baffled. PTO off, shifted into neutral, parking brake on....must be the pedal not in quite the right position.