Tires Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!!

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #21  
fwtw They seem to start cracking right away from what I gather so if anyone doesn't have cracks after awhile I bet they will be ok and it may well be a surface finish issue rather than a structural problem who knows only time will tell...

I really like the lug pattern on the Hi-Traction lug R1's I mean really like it there is more thread on the ground at the contact spot than any tire I have seen yet. So to me that equates to better traction so I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope the cracks dont cause problems later.

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #22  
When I took it to the tire shop.....the tire was pretty weather checked and they thought I should replace the tire rather than tube it. I put on the same size goodyear tire ON ONE SIDE ONLY.

MY QUESTION: Should I have replaced both front tires?? ....or will I make differential problems due to potential slight diameter differences with the front tires?

It would be better to replace the tires in pairs. I'm assuming this is a 4wd tractor?

You need the front tires to pull a little more - 3% or so faster - than the rear tires, that is _very_ important for your drivetrain. So most of the time, when you replace the rears, you would need to also replace the fronts. you can get by replacing the fronts and not the rears most of the time.

If you operate on hard surfaces a lot, then your slightly mis-matched front tires will add some wear to the drivetrain. A lot or a little, make much difference in the big picture - well that's hard to say.

On the big 200hp+ front wheel assist tractors they recommend if you replace any tire, you replace all 4 tires. On a little compact, it's probably got more slip and tolerance in it.

--->Paul

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #23  
i've got titans on at least a few of my tractors.. some many years old.. and loader tractors too.. no issues ...

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #24  
It would be better to replace the tires in pairs. I'm assuming this is a 4wd tractor?

You need the front tires to pull a little more - 3% or so faster - than the rear tires, that is _very_ important for your drivetrain. So most of the time, when you replace the rears, you would need to also replace the fronts. you can get by replacing the fronts and not the rears most of the time.

If you operate on hard surfaces a lot, then your slightly mis-matched front tires will add some wear to the drivetrain. A lot or a little, make much difference in the big picture - well that's hard to say.

On the big 200hp+ front wheel assist tractors they recommend if you replace any tire, you replace all 4 tires. On a little compact, it's probably got more slip and tolerance in it.

--->Paul

Thanks for the response Paul.

I never considered the effects on the 4WD when I made the decision to replace one front tire. After more thought......I never operate on a hard surface....so minor size difference (if any) of one replacement tire and any resulting effects on my front diffy is probably a non-event.

Things being so techy these days.....it's hard make any absolute assumptions anymore. Glad to have this site as a sounding board:thumbsup:

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #25  
i've got titans on at least a few of my tractors.. some many years old.. and loader tractors too.. no issues ...

Same here...I'll wager Titan is selling Chinese tires now and the problems are with those.

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #26  
very possible... may be a new issue.. not the old tires we are used to..

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #27  
I have 400 hours on my loaded titans and they look and seem fine. They are r1's with no issues.

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #28  
maybee a date code check on the failing ones?

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #29  
Sidewalls on my front tires are checking (one has a slow leak), rears are fine (all I can remember is they are made in Turkey... have to look up the mfg). I presumed the fronts are checking at least partly because of the front loader, puts a lot more stress on the sidewalls especially when the bucket is fully loaded and the one tire has lost a few pounds of air-- can see the the tire is somewhat squashed looking.

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #30  
tubed or no?