Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

Default Re: Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!!

I don't know your warranty details, but somebody should have taken care of you better. I've had Titans on the back of my L2800 for six years now and aside from some wear, they're holding up fine.
    You might consider small claims court to get more out of the raw deal.
    Kubota L3800HST, LA 463 FEL, Woods BH80-X backhoe, Befco 6' BB, Woods RM59, Woods LR72
    I work, therefore I am.

Tractor
    2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46

3 posts in one day on the same subject? I think we got the ida the first time. Sounds like a drag to me, but 3 times is a bit much.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Sorry to hear you had problems, we have had good luck with Titan tires, my front tires lasted 7 years and I replaced them due to worn tread. We had a set of Good Year tires go bad a few years ago. My wife just had a set of Good Year car tires replaced that wore out prematurely and the dealer covered over half the replacement cost. I guess sometimes you get a bad set.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1423 Hydrostat

I agree, Titan Tires are fine. You can pick at any brand Tire you want. There not going to be perfect.
    Massey 1423, 1462 loader, wallenstein Ranch ho gx620, with subframe mount.

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

I have Titan Hi Traction lug R1's on mine they came with it on the rear and they are cracked a bit.

I didn't get any reply's from my local dealer about it Titan told me it had to be handled by a local dealer. They are still in the same shape as they were no worse luckily.

About a year and a half later just last month to be exact since I wasn't extremely worried about it I went and bought new Titan R1 front tires to match the rears. All I can say is if they crack too I will probably be done with Titan also time will tell.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100, Stoll loader, bucket, forks & root grapple

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Sorry to hear you had problems, we have had good luck with Titan tires, my front tires lasted 7 years and I replaced them due to worn tread. We had a set of Good Year tires go bad a few years ago. My wife just had a set of Good Year car tires replaced that wore out prematurely and the dealer covered over half the replacement cost. I guess sometimes you get a bad set.
    Just in case some may not know, Titan makes Good Year ag tires. Have for some years now.
    Also over on New Ag Talk you can find post about Titan tires and one Titan rep. post replies there. The OP may be able to contact that guy and get some help as well.
    Charolais

Tractor
    2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46

Quote Originally Posted by Charolais View Post
    Just in case some may not know, Titan makes Good Year ag tires. Have for some years now.
    Also over on New Ag Talk you can find post about Titan tires and one Titan rep. post replies there. The OP may be able to contact that guy and get some help as well.
    Titan Tire Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It appears like they are buying up just about all the agricultural tire market.

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

I've had Titan tires on my NH for 12 yrs. now...no problems except normal wear...I will continue to buy and use Titans...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

I had no choice, They came with my Kioti.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kubota L3700SUHST

I got my tractor with Titans on it in 2010 and they have held up very well. I have only 54 hours on it, so they sit in one position for a good deal of time and so far no leaks or loss of air. No cracking or visible defects, and the tractor sits under a carport rather than in a nice comfy barn or garage. I wish my Michelin car tires would hold air so well.
    Kubota L3700SUHST, AG-Meier Mohawk 5' Rotary Cutter, Armstrong AG 5' Boxblade, Armstrong AG 5' Landscape Rake
    Scotts 50560x8 50" Riding Mower

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast