JD Compact Utility Tractor

/ JD Compact Utility Tractor #1  

GHiles

Tractor
JD 2305
While working properly, tractor "just stopped" as though it turned itself off. Will not restart. Anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

/ JD Compact Utility Tractor #3  
Fuel? Or lack there of

kill switch under the seat went bad?

/ JD Compact Utility Tractor #4  
Welcome to TBN!!

I'm sorry you're having problems with your 2305.
First, did it sputter...as if fuel starved? If so, did you run out of fuel? If you have fuel, check the filter (see your manual).

You wrote it won't start...does the starter crank? If it does, it's probably not a safety switch. Do you have lights?

Now, the question is do you want to troubleshoot this problem...and without a bit more information, I don't think you can get much help on TBN.

Let's see how GHiles responds...

/ JD Compact Utility Tractor
Thanks Roy
What you suggested was in essence, "Don't make this difficult, look for something simple". I checked the battery and charged it. I topped off the fuel tank and changed the fuel filter. I checked to make sure the brake was locked and the PYO switch was off. After this it cranked for 20 - 30 seconds, it sputtered and ran. My after thought is that I was cutting grass with the belly more across a slope. Fuel was not getting to the fuel pump. It could have been from too little fuel in the tank or from a clogged fuel filter.
Thanks for giving me the clue that put me on the right track.
G H

/ JD Compact Utility Tractor #6  
I have a JD2320 and there is a fuel shut-off valve that sits on top of a filter. This filter is on the right side of the tractor at the rear of the engine, next to the control stand. You can see it from the seat if you bend outward a little. Check that it hasn't been turned, normal position is vertical.