Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing.

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #1  

cartod

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4066, 1023
Please feel free to post some of your seat times less intelligent moments!

Dumb thing: spending 5 minutes to push that branch into the fire.

smart thing: get off the tractor and throw it in.

Dumb Thing: boy this tree is a lot heavier than it looks.

Smart thing: check your parking break.

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #2  
Easy for me as I have a lot to choose from. :)

Smart thing, make rule for self and wife / sons who operate my tractor; always get off and on from only the left side because the FEL lever is soemwhat in the way on the right side and you wouldn't want to get hung up on it.

Dumb thing, stretching fence by myself when tired and past ready to quit, jump off of right side of tractor to get fence off of small tree stump and catch short pants leg on FEL lever. Pull lever completely out of ball and socket on top of valve resulting it trip to dealer for new upgraded ball and socket assembly.

Smart thing; Now I really do only get off and on left side of tractor.

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #3  
Get off the right hand side while helper is in the bucket cleaning the leaves out of the gutter...

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #4  
Handle shovel the snow away from mailbox so I won't hit it w/plow.
In hurry entering driveway w/plow up snapping mailbox post off....dang.

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #5  
Smart thing: Raising the FEL bucket to avoid hitting the siding on a close turn near the house.

Dumb thing: After that close turn, While waving to the neighbor- forgetting to lower the FEL bucket and taking the satellite dish off the house.

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #6  
Smart Thing:Having foot rests fabricated and welded to the running board.

Dumb Thing: Paying more attention to a ground hog than the tree right in front of me.

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #7  
Smart thing - realizing it's still too wet to skid logs out of the woods

Dumb thing - going in anyway

Smart thing - realizing I was starting to throw a lot of dirt and wasn't moving and needed to stop and disconnect from the logs

Dumb thing - not doing the smart thing and got it stuck up to the axle housing

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #8  
Smart Thing: Tossing the shovel in the bucket so I wont forget it.

Dumb Thing: Not curling the bucket. Shovel fell out on a down hill run. Ran over it with a front tire.:ashamed:

Smart Thing: Stopped before the rear tire went over it.

Dumb Thing: Still need a new shovel, front tire snapped the handle.

Smart Thing: Buying a new shovel and getting rid of the old one without Wife knowing :D

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #9  
Smart thing- unload the tractor a few hundred feet from the house and use the FEL to carry the heavy chains and binders to the garage.

Dumb thing- forget the chains are in the bucket, load up debris, and then dump the debris over the steep holler I am trying to fill up.

/ Dumb Thing.........Smart Thing. #10  
Smart thing: While bushhogging I see a bottle lying on the ground and thinking I should stop and pick it up to get it out of the way.

Dumb thing: Not stopping to get off and pick the bottle up, so I run over with a front tire, break the bottle, and end up having to plug the tire.