Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Default Re: My Bridge/ Culvert Project. (Pics)

Good job, I like that Razr.

Tractor
    JD 3320, 820,400,255

Thanks for the comments, yea the razor makes my time to and from my house to work site much ffffaster. I went ahead and added another 5 inches or so of dirt over top of the pipe.

Tractor
    JD 3320, 820,400,255

Quote Originally Posted by foreman Etexas View Post
    Attachment 271171My suggestion is go wider at top of hill,take those hills out further so you can kick the water off the road and have room to work with tractor at later date if your ditches need fixed.
    I am widening today.

Tractor
    JD 3320, 820,400,255

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    I would put the rip rap a little thicker along the sides. My son helped a friend of his on a job and they laid a lot of it by hand to get good coverage and packed it in.

If you have hills, you will find you really can't have too much rip rap or other rock, I keep some stored and wish I had more. I have 1", 2" and 6" minus in three separate piles.

You sure have moved a lot of stuff with a relatively small tractor, you are to be commended.
    Yea it's not a real big tractor, but pulling dirt with a box blade down a hill is easy when you have gravity.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by cartod View Post
    I'm gonna take that dump truck across it tomorrow, do you think I have enough dirt over top of the pipe?
    Did you pack the sides of the culvert as you back filled it? If not I would not take that truck across the pipe it will likely crush it. After it gets rained on several times see if it settles any. You may luck out and not have any issues but if it crushes it down any it has to bee done over. My brother tried on his crossing and it crushed it.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

If you get your ditches all the way up I would suggested maybe using some of that rip rap all the way up to top. Looks GOOD

While you had the dump truck empty should have wheel rolled the driveway in,then could have run your boxblade rippers and rip drive lightly before put rock down(helps tie it in).
    If it was my drive here would run a white rock base pack down some then come back with something like a small blue rock,its packs nicely and no dust or top it with oil sand.
    We had a crew come in with a asphalt machine but it was high and didnt do the whole driveway cause couldnt afford it but it was nice,uniform,and the kids love riding the toys down the hill,lol.
    Last edited by foreman Etexas; 06-28-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Tractor
    JD 3320, 820,400,255

I did not pack the sides probably as well as can be as my tractor (jd3320) only weighs about 5000 lbs and I could not work on both sides of the pipe while filling around it.

I think I will let it pack for a month or so before I run anything big across it.

So the consensus is to use all of the rip rap to build the edges at the bridge up?
    Last edited by cartod; 06-28-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

I was talking about adding more rip rap on both sides all the way up,line it solid to keep it from washing,I personally would not wont to mow that slope with a weedeater,I would rock only no grass seed and spray it to keep weeds down. Just my opinion....

Tractor
    L4740, BX1500

send some pics of the riprap and crowning. runoff from downpours is gonna be one of your main enemies. That looks like one heck of a hill too.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by foreman Etexas View Post
    I was talking about adding more rip rap on both sides all the way up,line it solid to keep it from washing,I personally would not wont to mow that slope with a weedeater,I would rock only no grass seed and spray it to keep weeds down. Just my opinion....
    We had to do this in a couple of places due to erosion where we had ditches, without it, we just kept "repairing" the washouts. Most of our roads don't have ditches.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast