Opinions on horsepower

/ Opinions on horsepower #1  

LabLuvR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400
Currently I have a Kubota L3710 which I use to pull a 6ft. chisel plow, a 6ft disc and a bushhog of the same size. I'm looking at buying a NH TC35D which has a loader,as my tractor does not have one. How well do you think the 35 would pull my implements vs. the L3710. I know we are only talking two horsepower, but I'm just a little nervous going down in horsepower. On the other hand I really like the 4in1 bucket on the NH rig. Thanks!

/ Opinions on horsepower #3  
Currently I have a Kubota L3710 which I use to pull a 6ft. chisel plow, a 6ft disc and a bushhog of the same size. I'm looking at buying a NH TC35D which has a loader,as my tractor does not have one. How well do you think the 35 would pull my implements vs. the L3710. I know we are only talking two horsepower, but I'm just a little nervous going down in horsepower. On the other hand I really like the 4in1 bucket on the NH rig. Thanks!

Check the weight of the tractor. For ground engaging implements, the heavier weight will allow you to put more horsepower to the ground. I doubt 2 HP will make a noticable difference but generally the NH in the same HP range are heavier than the Kub's so check that out. consider the weight of the loader, too if you have FWA.

/ Opinions on horsepower
Thanks guys!