Backhoe John Deere 1026R backhoe

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #1  

ceriderf

Tractor
Deere subcompact
Hi,

I've had my 1026R for about two months now and only had to get towed out of the mud once so far!

Anyway my backhoe slowly falls to the ground over a day or two (if not pinned), is that normal or is there a leak in the hydraulics?

Thanks,
Nick C.

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #2  
Completely normal.
And welcome to TBN!

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #3  
same with my Kubota BX25, don't think it's anything to worry about.

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe
Great thanks for the responses. I'm glad it's normal and not in need of service, I'm having too much fun with it right now!

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #6  
Great thanks for the responses. I'm glad it's normal and not in need of service, I'm having too much fun with it right now!

I am having the same problem with a new 1026. It was dropping to the ground in about 30 minutes. I returned mine for repair. Deere is claiming it is normal but I do not agree. Hydraulics are a sealed system and there should be no leakage. Deere is claiming the backhoe is too heavy for the small cylinders on the unit. If it is normal then why can I leave the loader up and why doesn't the bucket open etc.

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #7  
Do you have a lock on your BH?

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe
I thought the dropping was also a problem of a leak. I now pin the backhoe up when not in use, I accidentally drove off a few times with it dragging on the ground forgetting to lift it. I will mention it to the dealer when I bring it in for servicing, probably late spring or summer. Otherwise it works fine and I haven't noticed low fluid levels yet.

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #9  
I can't remember what it is (and I'm not home to look) but JD has leak down rates for the the different parts of the FEL and backhoe. They aren't 30 min either, they are in inches per hour. I would make the dealer find and tell you the proper max leak down rate. Overnight, sure they will often drop (although mine takes about two days to hit the ground without the pins)... But 30 min just isn't right.

If you want to have this info yourself get the service manual from JD. It's really good and well worth the money.

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #10  
I can pin it to keep it up but what a pain. I use the backhoe to loosen the material then turn around and move it with the loader. Jumping down to install and remove the pin is a pain. The back hoe should not drop. If I am driving over rough ground it even drops faster.