John Deere CT332 Overheating?

/ John Deere CT332 Overheating? #1  

candersen10

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 262c, NH TN75, JD 6430 premium, JD 5325, Kubota BX2200, Ford 1710HC, JD 333E, JD3720, Farmall 504, Farmall 404.
I have a John Deere CT332 and sometimes it gets up to around 208 degrees or so. I haven't noticed the high temperature in the past but think it's higher than usual.

Does anyone else with a CT332 run their machine at this high of a temperature? Typically I'll idle for 30 seconds or so and the machine will drop back down to the 202 range and then I'll keep going. Does this sound like it will damage the machine?

I just had a mechanic throw in a new gasket as the machine started to leak out a little bit of coolant as it was running. This problem appears to have been fixed (no more fluid is leaking) so I don't think there is a mechanical problem causing high run temperatures.

/ John Deere CT332 Overheating? #2  
Have you checked the radiator to see if it is not covered with dust or debris?

/ John Deere CT332 Overheating?
Have you checked the radiator to see if it is not covered with dust or debris?

I clean the radiator about every 1-2 hours of operating time with the work I'm doing (in the trees with a fair amount of dust). I've also cleaned the air filter a lot, and have all fluids (coolant and hydraulics) full.

The one thing that is interesting, is that the electronic engine temp gauge will read around 208 while the analog gauge is still in the green. The electronic engine temp gauge also seems to move fairly quickly from 208 back to under 200 when I go from full RPM load to reduced load and a lower RPM.

/ John Deere CT332 Overheating? #4  
So you are saying that you have an analog temp gauge and a digital? I am not familiar with your tractor but is that factory or was that added? I don't think 208 is too bad especially while you are straining it, especially if it is dropping while not under load.

/ John Deere CT332 Overheating?
So you are saying that you have an analog temp gauge and a digital? I am not familiar with your tractor but is that factory or was that added? I don't think 208 is too bad especially while you are straining it, especially if it is dropping while not under load.

The machine has an analog temp gauge, and then a digital readout that can be toggled to various fields (hours, coolant temp, hydraulic fluid temp, engine rpm, etc.). I guess my question is really what is the max engine coolant temperature I should be hitting. 208-212 will still be in the green on the analog gauge and this seems very hot to me.