Post Hole Digger storage

/ Post Hole Digger storage
Thanks for the advice, links & pics, very helpful!

/ Post Hole Digger storage #12  
I bought a PHD last week, and I was wondering the same thing since it was a heavy nightmare to assemble, and put onto the tractor after I accidentally lied it down on the ground. I also need to build a hoist, or a rack for it. Thanks for starting the forum! This is my new PHD:
272478d1341705853-todays-seat-time-img_4098.jpg

/ Post Hole Digger storage #13  
How about this setup?

Attachments

• digger.jpg
    digger.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 982
   / Post Hole Digger storage #14  
Easily the most ignorant implement to store and remount.. here's what I did, copied from MtnViewRanch..

You remove the crossbar, back up, replace the crossbar, lower digger and pull the pins then drive away. No wrestling! The best part is using the digger to build the stand!

phd stand 2.jpgphd stand 1.jpg

Sean

/ Post Hole Digger storage #15  
IMG_0014.JPGIMG_0014.JPG
It was built in place so I can back the tractor right up to it.

/ Post Hole Digger storage #16  
I need to make one too.

I think I'm picking my PHD up today and I'll need a stand to store it on ummmmm Today also!

I have no space "inside", maybe I'll find a tree to hang it from, but I've got plenty of scrap lumber, so... beats me what I will end up doing...

Love looking at all the interesting ideas people have had!

Be well,
David

/ Post Hole Digger storage #18  
Easily the most ignorant implement to store and remount.. here's what I did, copied from MtnViewRanch..

You remove the crossbar, back up, replace the crossbar, lower digger and pull the pins then drive away. No wrestling! The best part is using the digger to build the stand!View attachment 273157View attachment 273158
Sean

My two stand holes were the first 2 holes that I dug with my PHD. ;)

/ Post Hole Digger storage #19  
We recently bought a Phd for the compact tractor & it's working out great. My question is: How does everyone store their Phd when not in use? Should I take it off & lie it down? Hang it from a stud in the barn? How long could I leave it hang on the back of the tractor? Thanks

What brand pf PHD is it?

/ Post Hole Digger storage #20  
Here's an easy and cheap way that will also keep it clean.

I used the digger first to open up a hole that I then made wide enough to bury an old tall plastic trash can in. Cut out the bottom of the trash can, buried it with about 8 inches of the top still showing, and filled the bottom 6 inches with rock so the auger tip sits on that and water can drain.

From there a couple of old blocks for the 3-point arms to sit on and a rubber strap to keep the pto shaft out of the dirt.

Easy, cheap, and quick and also allows for a fast hookup when needed because the weight isn't all on the top.