Not getting the lift at the end of my sickle bar

/ Not getting the lift at the end of my sickle bar #1  

angel in ME

I have a John Deere no 5 sickle bar mower and for some reason it isn't lifting right at the end of the bar... was wondering what the issue could be????

/ Not getting the lift at the end of my sickle bar #2  
Not familiar with the JDs, but have a Ford 501. If it's anything like mine there is an adjustment (probably a nut that threads in or out) to adjust how much lift you have. Take a look at the lifting mechanism and you'll probably figure it out quickly. Sorry I can't help more, but hopefully this will get you going in the right direction.

/ Not getting the lift at the end of my sickle bar
thanks

/ Not getting the lift at the end of my sickle bar #4  
john deere website i would assume has a parts manual online that is free. if you need a reference picture of things.

/ Not getting the lift at the end of my sickle bar #5  
Mine is in a field but I will take a look at it saturday AM. If the inside lifts OK but the outside sags down I would say a bent or weak cutter bar, mine lifts fairly level with a slight arc. I can't picture the adjustment in my mind but I am sure there is one.

Thanks.. ours has no arc ... it is clearing the ground maybe 3 inches, and that's all we can seem to get.

/ Not getting the lift at the end of my sickle bar #7  
And what about after you adjusted it with the levelling box...?
And is there any play in the lifting arms..?

We have figured out whats wrong but I can't seem to get things to go together...I have the parts catalog to this mower and while looking at page 20-2 at parts numbers 23-29 I noticed that our mower had a few more pieces that hook to the lifting rod (29) had a d link and a link of chain, I finally convinced my farther that the lifting rod is suppose to hook directly into the arm (19) without those other pieces... but now I can't get it to hook into it... part no twenty Seven the arm for the lifting crank (no. twenty eight) has a little ear thing on it and he has it facing to the inside but when you look at it on this page it looks as though it faces to the outside?
Do you have to release the spring part no 43 before you are able to hook this up correctly?
I know that this is confusing but I am not very good at explaining things.. but any help would greatly be appreciated...

/ Not getting the lift at the end of my sickle bar #9  
Am sure someone on here would be able to help, if we had what you have to read and see, is there a way you can post up a copy so we can see.

We got it back together and it is lifting nicely. Thanks everyone.