What is my Troy-Bilt tiller??

/ What is my Troy-Bilt tiller?? #1  

bigbird73401

Tractor
Troy-bilt
I have purchased a bargain priced Troy-Bilt tiller cultivator. It does not have the swing-away pto, it is strictly a tiller.
It is powered by a Kohler Magnum 8. I need to figure out how old it is & obtain owners manuals and parts lists. It starts and runs and tills pretty well. It needs new tines & the drag-bar/depth control is missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks....bigbird73401

/ What is my Troy-Bilt tiller?? #2  
If is is a Troy-bilt, there should be numbers on the top or side of the transmission housing and post back. You may have to clean off dirt or grease to find it. Is it a cast or stamped steel trans housing?

/ What is my Troy-Bilt tiller?? #3  
I've found deals on tines on ebay. It is likely a Horse model. You're lucky to get that engine. I would contact Troy Bilt for the manuals and such. I would google for the parts. You should have a dealer near by, stop in and see if they can help.
I have Horse model I bought in in 1973, I've been though 3 or 4 sets of tines and an occassional spark plug and 1 drive belt and it still runs great. The
original invoice shows I paid $326 dollars for it.
Dainger is right, you're going to need that serial number.
I'd like to have a Big Red, but for $2,200 dollars I'll stick with my Horse.

/ What is my Troy-Bilt tiller??
If is is a Troy-bilt, there should be numbers on the top or side of the transmission housing and post back. You may have to clean off dirt or grease to find it. Is it a cast or stamped steel trans housing?

It is definitely a Troy-Bilt...the serial number is stamped on the right top side of the cast iron transmission case 207012 M
The number stamped on the post on top of the transmission is TH1261.
The number on the rear of the transmission cover is TH10031.
There is a number on the left of the transmission cover 182.

Bigbird 73401