kobalt air compressor

/ kobalt air compressor #1  

mechanic

Silver Member
Anybody buy a kolbalt air compressor from lowes. I was looking at the 60 gallon 3.7 hp 155 psi. It's made by campbell Hausfeld so I figure it might be as good as the others I've looked at. IR has a 3 hp also and I have heard complaints about the motor burning up. I've heard complaints about the VT 6275 campbell hausfeld 60, and Husky. So where do you draw the line. What's your views on these compressor.

/ kobalt air compressor #2  
I've got that one albeit my model was made by Coleman in the good old USA except the motor is Mexican built. If you look at the Lowes' web site, there are 29 customer reviews. I do not use my compressor in a commercial environment and I don't believe it was designed for commercial usage.

I have had it for two years without issues and I keep the tank charged all the time. Most of my work is sanding, sand blasting, wrenching, and plasma cutting. It has no problems delivering the air I need for these operations, some of them running concurrent.

/ kobalt air compressor
Can you tell me if you removed it off the pallet? I've had two 60 gallon air compressors and never had issues with either one of them. I also left them on the pallet and moved them to new shop buildings and left them of the pallet again. Never an issue. They are claiming you need to bolt them to the floor now. I've just seen this I've been looking for a compressor to replace the one I left in MIssouri. Does this compressor have directions claiming you need to bolt it to the concrete floor?

/ kobalt air compressor #5  
That Puma is nice ! And made in the USA too for $529 I'm sure shipping would suck and you'd have to live close enough to pick it up yourself but still......

Steve

/ kobalt air compressor #6  
That Puma is nice ! And made in the USA too for $529 I'm sure shipping would suck and you'd have to live close enough to pick it up yourself but still......

Steve

Steve, the Puma is a nice compressor, but I think it's made in Taiwan, instead of the USA.

/ kobalt air compressor #7  
IR has a 3 hp also and I have heard complaints about the motor burning up.

I've had an Ingersoll Rand 3 HP 60 gallon upright air compressor for about 5 years now. I use the heck out of that thing and have had no problems with it other than the oil sight glass on the compressor leaking a little, but that was easily fixed with some pipe tape.

2ykz6ab.jpg

/ kobalt air compressor #8  
I bought my Husky (80 gal tank) at HD. Its also made by Campbell Hausfeld. Been a couple years now with no problems. I drain the bottom at every use to remove any condensate built up. Mine has a built in regulator with a separate port that can use reduced pressure for spray painting etc. without affecting the full pressure ports. I took mine off the cheaply made shipping pallet it came on and mounted it to the heavy duty pallet my old one sat on for over 20 years. It sits in the corner of the garage and never moves an inch.

/ kobalt air compressor #9  
Can you tell me if you removed it off the pallet? I've had two 60 gallon air compressors and never had issues with either one of them. I also left them on the pallet and moved them to new shop buildings and left them of the pallet again. Never an issue. They are claiming you need to bolt them to the floor now. I've just seen this I've been looking for a compressor to replace the one I left in MIssouri. Does this compressor have directions claiming you need to bolt it to the concrete floor?

I did, but the compressor is sitting on a rubber floor. My work shop has thick rubber floor work surface.

/ kobalt air compressor #10  
Steve, the Puma is a nice compressor, but I think it's made in Taiwan, instead of the USA.

Northern Tool's web site claims it is made in the USA. Do you think they are attempting to mislead us?