Anyone ever used a golf cart canopy on a tractor???

/ Anyone ever used a golf cart canopy on a tractor??? #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Anyone ever taken a golf cart canopy and fabricated a frame for it to use as a canopy on their tractor?? I know they are not the strongest canopies out there, but if you can get one for the right price, and have some scrap metal laying around, it seems like it would be a nice, cost effective way to keep the sun off of you on these hot summer daze. If you have done it, got any pictures to share? I'm thinking if I can find one pretty cheap, I would like to fabricate a frame and go from there. Thanks.

/ Anyone ever used a golf cart canopy on a tractor??? #4  
I must have had a dyslexic moment... I thought the question was do you ever take your tractor golfing? :laughing:

/ Anyone ever used a golf cart canopy on a tractor??? #6  
My $.02 worth:

My tractor & we live in the Great Northwet. The attitude up here is that if you can't work in the rain you don't work. Excess sunshine is not a problem here. That said, we bought an ABS canopy. Among other tasks, Might Mo and I work in the woods. The idea is to give me a little bit of protection when a limb falls on me. The canopy's $500 cost was cheaper than the alternatives - emergency room and/or a casket.

This canopy isn't cheap, but certainly works for me. Your mileage may vary.

BTW, on those rare days when the sun breaks through, I wear a hat and keep a tall cool beverage in Mighty Mo's cup holder.

/ Anyone ever used a golf cart canopy on a tractor???