Vapor lock?

/ Vapor lock? #1  

Danbo56

Tractor
MF-50
There I was mowing away on my 1991 JD 260... It's hot and humid and we are workin' it in the 6 in grass... when it just stops running I cleared the blades of the excess grass. I tied to restart it in N, PTO off. It turns and turns...nothing. I tow it to the barn... It's got fuel..i pulled a fuel line and cranked it filter is clean and 1/2 full. I pulled plug... it appears to have spark. Air filter looks ok. I dont get it... Spark, fuel and air...It should start or pop or blow up...but nothing. Whats gives??..... Vapor lock?

/ Vapor lock? #2  
Is there a drain on the bottom of carb? Open it and see if gas comes out. That's about all I can think of now.

/ Vapor lock? #3  
If it was vapor lock it would run after it cooled down a little, pull the bowl on the bottom of the carb. and make sure the float valve is clean. let us know how it goes.

/ Vapor lock? #4  
I had a JD 300 that would get hot and the exhaust valve would stick open and it would quit. You could tell it had no compression when you tried to start it. Afer it cooled off it ran fine. It took several hours of running on a hot day for this to happen. Dealer said a sodium filled valve was the cure. I ended up trading it for a 285